Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Need advice: best small turboprop twin payware

Hello I want to add a small twin turboprop to my FSX fleet. So far I have looked at the Digital Aviation Cheyenne and the Flight1 Conquest II 441.Since I fly exclusively in virtual cockpit mode, I want a plane that has a fully fuctionnal VC with a nice look.So far I am leaning towards the Cheyenne. Is there any other payware in this category of planes that I missed?also if you have any comments on the two above mentionned planes, I would appreciate having your thoughts.thanks

Guest Captain America

Get the Cheyenne. It's a great aircraft.You'll love the virtual cockpit.

It's not a twin but the Flight1 PC-12 is totally flyable from the VC, has a beautiful cockpit, cruises at 270Knots @ 19,000' and is generally a delight to fly. Certainly my favourite prop aircraft. No FMCs to worry about and it has very good short field performance. Whether you fly into small airstrips or large airports you will feel right at home. The fully FSX compliant version is now available. I started with the FS9 version and upgraded to the FSX version as soon as it was available. Check it out. There is also an avsim review of it. :-)

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I'd say any of the suggested models are great. The Cheyenne is somewhat more of a pilot's airplane than the PC-12 but it requires SP2 so I had to abandon it after just a few flights (SP2 killed the sim on my old box). Why not get them both?/Jonas

Guest S1mPilot

I have the Cheyenne X and it's hyper-realistic.Every aspect is beautiful. The VC, the sounds, the lighting. And the working weather radar is nice.

Guest JimC1702

I have the Conquest 441 and I like it a lot, but it's no longer on the cutting edge. If I were to purchase now, I'd pick the Cheyenne.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Thanks all for the feedback. I'll go ahead and get the Cheyenne :)

Guest PPSFA

Aerosoft Twin OtterPMDG Beech 1900 for a few more

>Shiloh>Don't forget the Eaglesoft Piper Twin Commanche - a great>plane with excellent VC>Peter Hayesit is however no turboprop :)

>>Shiloh>>Don't forget the Eaglesoft Piper Twin Commanche - a great>>plane with excellent VC>>Peter Hayes>>it is however no turboprop :)That's right. I really wanted a turboprop so I just bought the Cheyenne.I also got Radar contact.The only thing I miss now, is a good high performance GA single engine plane. I am waiting to see if the eaglesoft Cirrus SR22-G2 will be updated for DX10 compatibility and it might be the one i'd get.cheers!Marc

>Aerosoft Twin OtterAgreed, the Otter looks very good. Maybe my next purchase :)>PMDG Beech 1900 for a few moreFS2004 only :(

Or get Eaglesoft's Columbia 400 now. It's faster than the Cirrus and has slightly longer range.Now known as Cessna 400 (after Columbia went bankrupt): http://se.cessna.com/cessna400/AFAIK there are no plans to rebuild (which is what it would require) the Cirrus to work with the DX10 preview.