Sign in to follow this  
Guest shnala

Aircraft model problem

Guest gabesta

I have had FSX Deluxe since a couple months after it came out, and I got Acceleration a few months back as well. They worked fine until I recently installed some other add-ons. I got Traffic and Space Shuttle from Just Flight and Flight Deck 5, Mission Blackhawk and Carrier Strike Force by Abacus. I installed all of those, and as soon as I tried to run them, I noticed that the frame rates were horrid (5-6fps). I thought maybe since I installed everything at once, there might have been a conflict, so I uninstalled all of the add-ons, Acceleration, and FSX itself. Then I re-installed FSX and Acceleration and started it up to see how it worked. I got the F/A-18 and started a flight, and everything was running smooth. I went into the options mid-flight to change an axis assignment, and when it went back to the flight, the frame rate dropped significantly, and when I switched views this is what I saw:fsx.JPGHas anybody else experienced a problem like this before? When I went back to the menu I noticed that all of the aircraft had the same problem with parts being misaligned.

Guest shnala

Believe it or not - this one is easy ! You missing some textures. Or they not in "texture" folder or the path for FSX to search them is wrong.... So check those two and plane will be just fine, and you be smiling again. :) Sorry I gotta run now, can't explain you better, but I'm sure someone else can (and will) jump in. ________________________________

What video card do you have? That looks like a shader problem. You need a video card that supports shader model 2.0

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest gabesta

NVidia Geforce 7300 GS. Never had this problem till I installed the add-ons though.

Ive had this once, with the LongEZ from Alphasim, the only add on I have. I just killed FSX rebooted and its never happened again. I think it was probably a glitch in the video card, an nVidia 8800 GTS. Try to reboot and see if everything is ok, if not perhaps you have a heat problem on your video card. i.e. the fan not running.

Typically, these problems are caused by missing or corrupt textures.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest shnala

Like I already said.... but no one listen. Maybe they will now....you're "in the Team" :-halo ....I'm not.... :+ _________________________________