Sign in to follow this  
irocx

FSX and Nvidia Error Reporting

Guest RichardL

Here is a new one for me.I was looking around the Nvidia Control Panel for anything to help FSX. Under Manage 3d Settings is an enrty called Error Reporting. Strangly enough it is by default, set to OFF.Could this be a reason we are not seeing FSX issues addressed by Nvidia? No one is reporting errors?I set it to ON just in case it does something.Richard

Hi Richard, The impression I've gotten in the various Nvidia forums around the net is that there are a host of issues in many other games, aside from FSX, and Nvidia seems to be lagging considerably on the fixes. Any one who says the people continually reporting these issues are in the minority, doesn't seem to see the bigger picture, IMHO. I don't think leaving it enabled will hurt anything.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Guest RichardL

Hi Kendall,I occasionally visit Nvidia Forums - Simulation. Honestly, I didn't think to check there before posting here.Good points you make. It seems like Nvidia is more involved in designing new boards than supporting the existing ones.Regards,Richard

Guest Nick_N

That has nothing to do with reporting errors to Nvidia

Guest firehawk44

"I was looking around the Nvidia Control Panel for anything to help FSX. Under Manage 3d Settings is an enrty called Error Reporting. Strangly enough it is by default, set to OFF. Could this be a reason we are not seeing FSX issues addressed by Nvidia? No one is reporting errors? I set it to ON just in case it does something."No, as Nick advised earlier this entry in the NVIDIA control panel has nothing to do with reporting a bug to NVIDIA. To properly report a graphics bug to NVIDIA you need to go to the following link and make a report (and you are strongly encouraged to report the DX10 Preview graphics problems!).https://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=749...8f09e040b4a437aBest regards,Jim

Thanks for the link Jim - we'll see if it helps for FSXRegards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall