Sign in to follow this  
ramsa329

New Computer + FSX + FS-GS = PERFECTION

Hi folks just wanted to post about my FSX experience. I have been flying FS9 since it came out on a Dell P4 2.53 with a gig of RAM and a Radion 9700.A few weeks ago I decided to build a new computer. The following is what I got.E8400 @ 3.00ghz2gb Corsair @1066 mhzEGVA 8800 GTS 512500 MB Western Digital w/16 MB cacheAntec Nine Hundred case750 PC Power and Cooling power supplyWin XP HomeNOD32SP1 and SP2 for FSXand addons so far:Ultimate Terrain USAScenery Tech Lanclass North America, Asia, EuropeGround Env X EnhancedFlight Env XAll FS Genesis MeshUltimate TrafficWOAI PackagesRealAir SF-260Before I even installed FSX I got in touch with Michael at FS-GS. We set an appointment after I installed FSX and all my addons. Now, to this point after I installed everything I had a few days until my appointment and didn't even load a flight and try it. I wanted to see what FSX would look like at first after it was completely set up right.Last weekend was my FS-GS appointment. Took about 4 hours and cost $85.00 USD.Let me just say that it was probably the best $85 I have ever spent on flight simming ever. I now have FSX that runs at its highest settings, with absolutely no blurries, and a frame rate that stays locked at 28 fps. All of this without having spent days and months tweaking, overclocking, and all the other nonsense that I went through with FS9 before I got it right.Now that I have this wonderful sim that I can use for everything I doubt I will ever turn on FS9 again. Prior to the install I was thinking that I would probably have to use FS9 for flying heavies, but with the performance I am getting from my service, FSX will be all I need for all my flying applications.Could I have gotten this performance without FS-GS? Maybe or maybe not, but not without months of tweaking and fiddling.Are there tips posted on Avsim but Nick N. and other that would have helped? Again maybe, but the things that are done from FS-GS are things I have never seen mentioned on this or another forum before, plus they are specific to your computer. Of course I can't disclose these due to paying for a service and even if I could I don't think I could even remember in detail the things I did or how to repeat them again.So, in short, I posted this because of all the posts I see here every day from people with computers as good as mine and even better than mine but are still getting lousy performance, stutters, blurries, etc. If getting your FSX running great in the course of 4 or 5 hours for around $85.00 sounds like a good deal, I would say go for it and save yourself the grief and headache of doing it yourself. Now for once I have a new sim that I can fly in any weather with max detail and not have to do a darn thing to improve it. It's a great feeling (smiling).BTW, just to be clear I have nothing to do with FS-GS or any other developer. I just wanted to give a heads up for those that are still having problems or thinking about spending loads of money on new equipment that may not be necessary.Mitch (Sesquatchtoo), if you read this and try the FS-GS service on your new system you were thinking about getting (Don't waste all that money on the DELL you were talking about), you will be so happy that we may never hear from you again because you will always be flying and not tweaking or contemplating what computer to buy or wait for the next version of FS. Hope this info is helpfull to those with problems or considering new computers.Regards,Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Shalomar

I too have a new computer and a setup from http://www.fs-gs.com and am very happy.I talked to Mike when I had my old rig and he even went thru component by component and recomended parts for my new computer. His services are worth every penny.Best Regards, Donald T. :-wave

I have a few questions.Is there any materials you get to keep, like a log of the conversation etc?Also, do you run anything other than FS? Because I run a lot of software, various games and applications that I use. Plus I use my HDD for data backup etc. Did you have to get rid of your other software too?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Anybody else out there that have used this service?I have just installed Nick's Tweaks and wonder if this would offer further improvement if such is possible.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I used FS-GS for FS9 a couple of years ago. They know their way around a PC. Some of their recommendations coincide with Nick's tweaks but a lot don't. Nick's tweaks are a general set of recommendations, FS-GS tailors your FSX set up to your PC. If you go with FS-GS you're going to have to do what they tell you; they don't suffer fools quietly. Are FS-GS worth the cost? Depends. If your PC is not running FSX as well as it should and you don't have the time or the knowledge to fix it, then FS-GS is a cost-effective solution. On the other hand, if FSX is running smoothly and you already have a well-optimised system, the improvement may be marginal and therefore the cost harder to justify.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest Captain America

Where can I find Nick's Tweaks?

Thanks for the info.Just always looking for the best.Like suoer tuning and old car or trying a new golf tip.I think I will stick with what I have.It runs really well.You get Nick's tweaks here.Search for forum topic "I have died and gone to Heaven"I think that's it.I will try and email them to you.Ron

Guest Nick_N

I saved the original post by Nick.Here it is if I did it right. Ron

>I have a few questions.>>Is there any materials you get to keep, like a log of the>conversation etc?>>Also, do you run anything other than FS? Because I run a lot>of software, various games and applications that I use. Plus>I use my HDD for data backup etc. Did you have to get rid of>your other software too?In response to your questions. I suppose you could log the conversations if you wanted to. You use Messenger Live with headphones so I don't know if there is a way to record it or not. I guess you could always take notes. However, even after the service you can still contact Michael if you have more questions.I am not running any other programs at the moment on this PC. It was built primarily for flight simming, however I am sure that you could run other software. If you have questions you should contact them, tell them what you have and what you are running, and they can make recomendations based on that. It doesn't cost anything to talk to them.I am really glad I did the service, probably saved me a lot of time in the long run. I am pretty knowlegable with my computer after having FS9 and learing my way around the tweaks from it and reading stuff on a lot of flight sim forums. But this time I decided that I would rather just spend $85 in the beginning and be done, no more fiddling with it. My time is worth more than the money. Beside, after spending that much on my new comuter, I figured whats another $85 if it means complete satisfaction. You know the old saying you get what you pay for. You try a bunch of free tweaks, they may work but it's probably gonna take some time to find the sweet spot, you pay a little money, you get great results from the start.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Having just returned from Utah servicing a client's machine i was unaware of this post.So I apologize for responding late.I would like to make it clear that:1) Other than a few basic tweaks there is absolutely no connection between Nick's service and that of fs-gs either in style or substance.2) Noel as a friend and former client has not done a service with us for FSX and is naturally unaware of changes made to our service concerning FSX.3) We tailor our service to the individual and their computer without generalities.This fact allows us to treat the client and their machine with a depth virtually impossible through other means.4) Our follow-up services gives the client the chance to address personally any future problems that they may encounter due to add-ons or other computer issues that may arise. In general this is free of charge.Thanks and again I apologize for the late post.Michael Greenblattwww.fs-gs.com

Hi michael!I remembered when you started this service and was intrigued but well my performance wasn

My email to fs-gs bounced back too?What is email contact address?tahnks,Ron

Due to changes that we are making in our website direct link is currently unavailable...... please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.If you wish information you can contact me directly:ramsa329@msn.comI will answer any questions you might have when you contact me.