Sign in to follow this  
Guest acolvard

What Next, UTX or FEX

Im ready for my next add on and not sure which one to get next. UTX or FEX. I already have GEX nHanced. Are you guys that have UTX happy with it? I dont want to kill my performace I am getting now (15-30 FPS) depending on location and aircraft). After I upgraded my video card weather seems to be a no issue anymore so I dont think FEX would hurt me any. What do you suggest?

Jim Wenham

Guest acolvard

Both are excellent products. UTX works great with GEX and you can turn down features to control performance. FEX really will improve the overall environemnt and there is a soon? to be released weather engine which will be great. Since you have GEX I would go with FEX first to complete the environment and UTX asap.

I didn't notice any real performance hit with UTX so im pretty satisfied with it. I have it running with the Scenery tech stuff also.DaveESSB

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest PPSFA

Depends on where you 'look' the most, if it's ground then UTX, if its sky the FEX, either way you will end up with both so ya might as well bite the bullet now :-)

Get both. I have both and they are awesome. if I were you and I had to choose one I would choose UTX to enhance the ground textures with GEX. With UTX you get better landclass. FEX will enhance water and clouds and is worth it but maybe a possible purchase down the road. Also you might want to check out these guys as well before you buy FEX. http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest SkullxBones

Didn't mention if you have a good mesh or landclass yet, if not I would recommend FSGenesis.

UT was the first add-on I purchased for FSX, if that tells you anything.I also have FEX.

FTX! Best scenery I've every seen. Ain't these acronyms fun?Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest acolvard

FS Genesis makes a big difference, I would also reccomend it before UTX. I fly mostly IFR so FEX is huge for me, I want to look at "real" clouds. But when flying low in the mountains, FS Genesis is excellent, so much more detail in the shape of the ground. And with the recent updates, the platue effect is gone. UTX is more about roads, rivers, etc

Waiting to see what the FEX and REX weather engines bring to the table. And waiting...

Guest acolvard

FEX is "days" away from releasing its weather engine update. We must be getting close, last month it was "weeks".