Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Overland-SimmerSky FSX Patch

....Has been released and I cannot say enough about how pleasurable these aircraft are to fly in FS9. And now, with the release of their recent patch, in FSX as well, without all of the antenna and "forehead" texture issues I had after SP2 torched the aircraft I ported over from FS9 to FSX. If you couple that with the iSG gauge suite by Ernie Alston, available at SimMarket.com, you have a working FMC, flight plan displayed on your MFD, and a TCAS system that works online in multiplayer as well! And you can fly the aircraft without using the default GPS! Just like in the real world..On a flight from Adelaide, Australia to Melbourne, Australia, I had 15-20 FPS on rollout and landing at Melbourne, and an easy 30FPS in cruise, using FTX "Blue" scenery enhancement, and on my Dell XPS Gen5 3.2 Dual-Core overclocked to 3.4, running Win XP/SP2 and with n nVidia 8800 GTS and 4 Gig of RAM.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Agreed, they really are the bees knees. :)There are tons of Overland reskins in the library for FS2004 which I was happy to discover work perfectly on the FSX models.

Hello Alex!I fly on FSX SP2 and Vista and all I have to say is that the Overland series is one of the most underrated addons for the FS series. They have some of the best models, a great, fucntional VC, and pretty decent 2D panels. Yes, you have to supply the sounds (which is no big deal considering you can find them all in the AVSIM library at no cost), and no fancy stuff such as an FMC, but for the most part, this is a must have addon.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

The new Overland FSX models are really nice and as Alex says, if you add the ISG package you get a really good FMS package for these planes. One caution about the ISG templates is that some of them are outdated and are for FS9. Make sure you are installing the FSX versions. Just going over the settings doc that comes with the package avoids pitfalls. Works great now.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Excuse me Lee, I've never used these iSG gauges before, but would it be easy to install them into an FSX Overland panel (2D and VC)?Alos, can one use Navigraph nav data for the FMC?Cheers,David

David, might I suggest a tour of the ISG website? ( It's free :-lol )http://www.isgsim.com/Yes you can install the gauges in both the 2D and VC panels. The docs show some very specific settings in regards to that, but if you follow them they work very nicely. I find it helps to have one of the panel programs like FSPanel Studio for FSX as I like to configure my own panels. However, there are more and more ready made templates being made available on their website.Lee

Lee H

>David, might I suggest a tour of the ISG website? ( It's free>:-lol )>>http://www.isgsim.com/>>Yes you can install the gauges in both the 2D and VC panels.>The docs show some very specific settings in regards to that,>but if you follow them they work very nicely. I find it helps>to have one of the panel programs like FSPanel Studio for FSX>as I like to configure my own panels. However, there are more>and more ready made templates being made available on their>website.>>LeeI wonder if one of you guys, who have the gauges already installed in the Overland planes, could share your panel.cfg's. That would save everybody a lot of time and hassle, specially because not everyone is savvy about installing panels.Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

>I wonder if one of you guys, who have the gauges already>installed in the Overland planes, could share your>panel.cfg's. That would save everybody a lot of time and>hassle, specially because not everyone is savvy about>installing panels.>>Thanks.Check the panel retrofits page on the website.We maintain a library of ISG retrofitted panel.cfg's there.http://www.isgsim.com/?page=panel_libraryRegards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Lee or Ernie,I use the Overland airbus and boeing models in FS9 and FSX, but before I make a mistake on these guages, I could use some help in understanding what to purchase for all of the overlands. There are several retrofits that state "overland". Will these work in both FS9 and FSX? I notice there is only one template for FS9 (MD-11) and none for FSX. Thanks for any help.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, you do have to make sure the template is FSX friendly. I've mistakenly used FS9 templates for an FSX panel with disastrous results. I'm going to try uploading (with Ernie's approval)some FSX only versions of FSX templates for the new Overland models, but I'm still working on them. For the MD11 it will be worth waiting for ISG's new 1.5 version as it will include a specific gauge for the MD11. There are two seperate installations one for FS9 and one for FSX.Lee

Lee H

Thanks for clearing that up for me.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ernie has posted my Overland - iSG panel mods for FS9 for every aircraft, both Airbus and Boeing, that they make. You can download them at Ernie's iSG site, as he linked above. As far as getting them to work in FSX, I've found that the modifications to the panel config files are essentially identical. When you install the iSG package, you install it in FS9 and FSX. So you can then just use my FS9 panel configs posted on the iSG site as a guide, and just work your way down through the various window entries and VC window entries, making the changes you encounter for gauges that are labelled "iSG..."You're basically replacing the default Overland multifunctional displays with an "ND" type of MFD that can depict your flightplan map, NAV/ILS info and TCAS via an added EFIS pop-up window. Most brilliantly, the TCAS works online in multiplayer sessions as well! Strong work Ernie.Using the iSG gauge suite, you can finally let go of the side of the pool so to speak, and fly with great traffic and situational awareness without referring to the default GPS map! The Smiths-style FMC allows you to edit your flightplan on the go, so you can both add and delete waypoints, approaches, arrivals, and once executed, the aircraft will then fly the modified route. As real as it gets! This is most applicable to airline flying, as in a GA aircraft, I would want to have the GPS technology available, to be more realistic.Cheers,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

When I make the edits, I start by using FS Panel Studio to get a graphic depiction on exactly where to place the gauges in the 2-D panel. I then close FS Panel Studio, and open the panel config in NOTEPAD. Find the iSG gauge entries added by FS Panel studio in the MAIN / [Window00] section, then just copy and past the gauge entry along with the first 2 of the 4 coordinates that follow the name of the gauge, seperated by commas, into the relevant spaces in the virtual cockpit sections, replacing the same gauges you replaced in the 2 D panel. The first 2 coordinates describe location. And since we already adjusted size in FS Panel studio, there is no need to mess with those last 2 coordinates - leave them alone! You then have to add a few new windows to get the EFIS, MCU and FMC gauges to display. Appear/disappear assignments can then be made to extra buttons on your yoke or throttle quad hardware using FSUIPC.Again, I think it's just easier to try the panel configs we have posted on the site. Back up your original by renaming or saving them somewhere safe, then copy and paste the modified cfg into the aircraft's PANEL folder. If you don't like it, just go back to the original.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD