Sign in to follow this  
Guest NoobPilot

CANOPY + BLURRIES

Guest Jim Knows

You guys/gals gotta read this one in its entirety. This one I am sure will surprise you. Let me explain...For the last year I have been viewing everyone else's beautiful screenshots of FSX. Some of them, absolutely amazing. I've also heard from those that have been frustrated w/ blurries spoiling their beautiful, crisp, clear scenery. I was getting them also. This limited me from using real world weather, etc thinking to myself I better save on resources so this sim doesn't blur any worse than it already was.Over time. with continued blurries, I just thought I didn't have the horsepower with my dual core 2.4 ghz & 7950GT video card, still pretty decent hardware these days. So, I went out and got a Quad Core Q6600, overclocked it to 4.0ghz and a 9800GX2 video card figuring that would solve the blurries. To my horror, that didn't do it either. I tried every fix, tweak, suggestion, including the now famous mipbias/clamp tweak. Still I had blurries until now!!!!....When I first got FSX, I thought at the same time I'd get the KATANA DA-20 from AEROSOFT, the real airplane I actually train with in real life. I have not flown any other plane in FSX except the KATANA from AEROSOFT. Soooooo, after one year of flying this airplane in FSX and no other, for the first time I thought it would be neat to see the canopy raise, for the fun of it. HOLY WOW !!!!!!! When I lifted that canopy, you would not believe the amazing, clear, stunning, crispy clear graphics that came into view. I was blown away. There were those amazing graphics that I kept seeing in others' FSX but mine. I lowered the canopy once again, the hazy graphics like the canopy was slightly fogged up came back again. Raised the canopy once again, and WOW!!! Lowered it one last time, foggy canopy is back.If the solution to my blurries was something as off the wall as this, I figured I'd try something else I haven't tried yet. I turned on the cabin heat thinking that maybe my heavy breathing in AEROSOFT's KATANA was fogging up the canopy causing the visuals to always be hazy. Nope, it wasn't that. Unless of course the heater in AEROSOFT's KATANA heater wasn't woking ...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. First off, laughing at myself for being in a fog for the last year, and also at AEROSOFT at how dumb does it get.All kidding aside, unless someone, or AEROSOFT has a way of clearing up the haze from inside the KATANA DA-20's cockpit/canopy , I'm going to have to ditch this software which would be a darn shame other than a hazy canopy, the airplane is well done. Maybe others that have add-on aircraft and they also have blurries while flying might want to see if lifting the canopy on the ground clears out what we might be mis-interpreting as blurries.

Guest NoobPilot

Think on the bright side, you now have an amazing computer. Also, you really should try some of the other planes, they're pretty good.

Guest Jim Knows

Good idea noobpilot. Doing that right now....shopping for another KATANA first. Probably won't find one. So, hmmmm...well...I guess the fun part will be looking at many differnt ones for the single engine class. Trust me when I say, AEROSOFT will NOT be one place I will be doing that shopping.

You could look for that associated texture file and delete it - or change the extension to .bak etcIt will probably be a canopy.dds or reflection.dds or something like that, located in the acft's texture folder.I've done the same for all my default acft, I hate the VC cockpit "reflections" so I deleted them all hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest NoobPilot

The one cool thing I just realized is that my next-door neighbor worked on the engineering of the Katana over at Diamond Aircraft. Just a cool bit of info.

Ryan, thanks much for your tip! Helped me with one of my aircraft that had a reflection issue after upgrading to GF8800GT card.erv/KSDF

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.