Sign in to follow this  
Abrupto

Stuttering and freezing

Hi,My display settings are set to default just to get fsx to run decently but still get stuttering and intermittent freezing in some scenery areas. Sometimes FSX freezes and does not recover anymore. I need to do a hard reboot What should I do? What could be the problem?SYSTEM SPECS:3.0 gigahertz Core 2 Duo Processor Board: NVIDIA 680i chipset4GB memory ramGeforce 8800 GTX latest WHQL driversAudigy 2 ZS sound cardVista UltimateTanks for your help,RegardsAbrupto

Abrupto,Hi, I had a simular problem, and found it to be my Motherboard temp being to hot. I've since purchased a newer motherboard along with a liquid cooling system for my cpu, and that solved the problem for me.Your board is much better than mine ,however you still may want to check your temps. I ran into probs when my mobo temp went anything above 43-C. Overclocking, and CPU temps could also cause problems as well.Hope this helpsChris,

>Abrupto,>>Hi, >>I had a simular problem, and found it to be my Motherboard>temp being to hot. I've since purchased a newer motherboard>along with a liquid cooling system for my cpu, and that solved>the problem for me.>>Your board is much better than mine ,however you still may>want to check your temps. I ran into probs when my mobo temp>went anything above 43-C. Overclocking, and CPU temps could>also cause problems as well.>>Hope this helps>Chris,Tanks Chris for your help. My system is watercooled and temps are very good. Couldn't be the problem.RegardsAbrupto

>Abrupto,>>Hi, >>I had a simular problem, and found it to be my Motherboard>temp being to hot. I've since purchased a newer motherboard>along with a liquid cooling system for my cpu, and that solved>the problem for me.>>Your board is much better than mine ,however you still may>want to check your temps. I ran into probs when my mobo temp>went anything above 43-C. Overclocking, and CPU temps could>also cause problems as well.>>Hope this helps>Chris,What liquid cooling system did you get? How is it?

>>Abrupto,>>>>Hi, >>>>I had a simular problem, and found it to be my Motherboard>>temp being to hot. I've since purchased a newer motherboard>>along with a liquid cooling system for my cpu, and that>solved>>the problem for me.>>>>Your board is much better than mine ,however you still may>>want to check your temps. I ran into probs when my mobo temp>>went anything above 43-C. Overclocking, and CPU temps could>>also cause problems as well.>>>>Hope this helps>>Chris,>>>What liquid cooling system did you get? How is it?Here it is for ya,http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...0&sku=T925-2258I think its great. Very easy installation, and it keeps my AMD 6000X2 processor at 45c while running FSX=100% load and, 33c at idle.The unit sits in 2 of your expansion bay slots which I like, and the pump is said to be powerfull enough to add additional waterblocks if you wish. Chris,

I have Swiftech blocks for processor,(APOGEE GT WATERBLOCK),and graphics card. The water pump is Innovatek with a Alphacool reservoir plus a Mora2 passive radiator.Regards