Sign in to follow this  
Guest harleyman52

Looking For The Best Add-Ons

Guest harleyman52

After getting my new puter I am now hunting some good addons.....Now I just have the FSX Deluxe with both packs installed..I probably will get Axcelleration for sure...But am real confused as to which to get next...I really want to get something like GEX or UTX or something like that but don't know which offers the most bang for the buck.....I also want better traffic but can't figure that one out eighter....What do you all think is a good starting point for better visualation and traffic and what do you run?

I like both GEX and UTX. You cant go wrong with either one. As far as most bang for the buck I would have to pick UTX as it offers accurate roads, coastlines, lakes streams and rivers, some landclass, and night lighting where as GEX is just replacement ground textures for the most part. This is not to say you should neglect GEX as it does offer a much more realistic ground environment, and I would definately recomend picking it up later on down the road. FEX is also a great product and of course it global!

Guest harleyman52

Thanks for the advice....What is FEX?

Guest JIMJAM

Warning- You will buy UTX. Then GEX. Then FEX.Then ActiveSky/XGraphics. Then you will get the Realair Spitfire.........

Guest harleyman52

LOL...Prob correct on that......I think I'm going with...GEXFEXUTXFSGenesis (have a great bundle deal on now)For starters......Now then...I do love that spitfire.....

UTX, Radar Contact, PMDG 747, LEVEL D 767, Active Sky Wx. All work great for me.

Guest harleyman52

Thanks...What is Radar Contact?

Guest SkullxBones

Save some of that money for hardware if you don't have it already. Yoke, throttle, pedals, TrackIR type stuff can make a huge difference.

Guest SkullxBones

Radar Contact does a better job of ATC than the default ATC, but it is IFR only, doesn't support VFR flying. It is worth it if you get in to more advanced aircraft where you want to fly your filed flight plan instead of being vectored all over the place like the default ATC

Guest harleyman52

Thanks Skullxbones......have been consitering some peddals and yoke..now I just am using a stick......I hate IFR now...Turn left to 228 ...then turn right to 360......then back to 228...Whats up with that crap??? LOL

Guest acolvard

>I hate IFR now...Turn left to 228 ...then turn right to>360......then back to 228...Whats up with that crap??? LOLYou can always just fly straight and level until you hit a mountain, a tower, or another aircraft!

Guest harleyman52

>>I hate IFR now...Turn left to 228 ...then turn right>to>>360......then back to 228...Whats up with that crap??? LOL>>You can always just fly straight and level until you hit a>mountain, a tower, or another aircraft!>LOL..>......Good One.....