Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Looking for complex, good quality SLOW flying a/c?

Do a search for Rick Piper's fantastic freeware Aeroprakt A22 Foxbat - a great little slow ride for VFR.

Guest Shalomar

I partly agree with Ladamson, but the RealAir Scout package is probably what you are looking for. Just slightly faster than the J-3, about a hundred knots cruise. But you fly from the front seat... a plus. It is just as high quality as their SF260 package, and it has a customizable panel. Everyithng from no vac instruments to your choice of simple directional gyro to HSI. Your choice, autopilot or not... but the autopilot is a custom guage that is modeled on a real world jobber. (Just like the SF260). The radios and compass knobs operate on a click and drag method... put the mouse on the tuning knob, left click and drag up or down to select up or down whole numbers; right click and pull up and down for fractional numbers. Now I wish all my planes were like that... very TrackIR friendly if ya got it.For what you are looking for, you can't go wrong.Just my two cent's worth adjusted for inflation.Good luck in your search...Best Regards, Donald Traill :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Absulutely, go for the RealAir. Personally I prefer the Citabria over the Scout, but they're all in the package, and there are lots of options to play with. It's also aerobatic, so once you've done with your slow flight, kick back and throw a few rolls or lazy eights... :-)

Guest Shalomar

Just don't stay inverted too long... the engine dies... just like on most high wings...Best Regards, Donald T.:-wave

Guest PPSFA

It doesnt get any slower than the default FSX kite :-)

Guest Bob Huntley

In FSX Deluxe the microlight plane is pretty good for sight seeeing - no window frames to get in the way, 60 mph cruise speed (you have to keep it slow - structural failure starts from about 80 mph).

"Just don't stay inverted too long... the engine dies... just like on most high wings..."This is true of the Citabria and Scout which have normal carbs, but the Decathlon, which you can fly almost as slow as the other two if you wish, has an aerobatic carburettor which doesn't cut out whle inverted.All the Best,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Our Liberty Aerospace XL2 may fit the criteria you mention:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png