Sign in to follow this  
oqvist

Flour bombs cause crash (object collision)

Guest tripecac

In the FSX "Flour Power" mission, whenever I drop a flour bomb, I get a "Mission Failed" message, saying that there was a crash (an object collision).This happens regardless of my angle of flying.I have the following installed:- Acceleration- FSGenesis mesh and landclass- UTX- GEXThe only time I'm able to drop a bomb w/o a crash is if I pause, then hit shift-D, then unpause. This is tedious, and doesn't always work.This mission won't let me change the realism settings to disable crash detection.The strange thing is the "Midwest Fly-in" also has flour bombs, but those don't cause collisions.Has anyone else had collisions w/ flour bombs?Any idea how to get them to work in the Flour Power mission? Thanks!Travis

I get it sometimes when I dive to much obviously on the target but not otherwise? Have you tried to "ignore collisions" in realism menu to bypass this problem :)

Guest harleyman52

>Has anyone else had collisions w/ flour bombs?No...Can't say i have......lol sorry this cracked me up..But I have flown both flour bomb missions and have never crashed.....and am just about to purchase the same add-ons you have...wonder if it will make me crash too...Hope you get a good answer here to your prob.....

Guest tripecac

The mission won't let me disable collision detection; that option is grayed out. Even if I select "Easy" from the drop-down, the "Detect crashes and damage" remains checked.I just tried it again, and this time waited until the guy stopped talking. It didn't crash any this time. Hmm...

any1 fixed this yet? im new to FSX and als have this prob. I just hit escape straight after i press shift D, then renter game - works for me.but i got no error message just a paused screen.

There definitely is a simple and effective fix for this!  You also do NOT have to turn off "Crash Detection" which overrides the realism for the ENTIRE mission.  Go to FSXMissionsHangar.com and check out forums for AI Aircraft and enjoy this solution plus many more for FSX bugs.

Jake

You get a crash after you drop a flour bomb because your aircraft touches the flour bomb. After you drop it, immediately rise your aircraft's nose.