Sign in to follow this  
Lord Farringdon

AI aircraft timeout and disappear.

The guys over at JBAI had a utility (patch) called AITP-X to stop aircraft lined up in sequence for take-off suddenly 'disappearing' because they had waited too long (about 5 minutes). It seems SP2 broke the utility and the lack of response on the JBAI Forum suggests they may have lost interest in providing a fix. Hey, that's the way freeware cookie crumbles sometimes. No probs, but are there any other freeware (or payware) programmers/developers out there that have this kind of utility(patch) on their radar or do I once and for all have to accept that the aircraft lined up in front of me are going to go 'poof' one at a time until its my turn for tower to give me T/O clearance? :(Terry

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Guest Phantoms

I see this was never answered and thought I'd bring it back up. The JBAI site has disappeared. Has someone else come up with a similar utility or fix for the timeout issue?

I see this was never answered and thought I'd bring it back up. The JBAI site has disappeared. Has someone else come up with a similar utility or fix for the timeout issue?
Nah there is no utility. The guys who developed it are on another forum now, last time i tracked them down they hadnt got FSX so were not working on it. Seems that sp2 moved a few files around which apparently caused the prog to stop working.

Try AISmooth, here in the library.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest Phantoms

Will AIsmooth allow you to change the timeout values before a plane disappears, or just help separate the traffic coming into your airport?

Will AIsmooth allow you to change the timeout values before a plane disappears, or just help separate the traffic coming into your airport?
No it is a different utility, it helps sort out the landing traffic, so reduces the number of go arounds. For those who dont know, aitimeout,enabled you to set the timeout time for traffic sitting on taxi ways, so they wouldnt dissapear . I think the default is around 3 min, ai timeout allowed you to increase this to around 16 min max if i remember correctly.

Does this help?Name: aitp-x.zip Size: 3,391,124 Date: 12-26-2006 Downloads: 951 FSX AITP-X AI Timeout Patcher, alpha release. A utility to alter the time limitations imposed on AI traffic: normally, FSX will cause AI aircraft to simply disappear if they cannot move after 5 minutes, which can be visually irritating. Running this utility allows the timeout to be lengthened up to 17 minutes. By Andrew Jarvis / JBAI Simulations. (See AITP10.ZIP for FS2004 version.)http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=107526

Guest Phantoms

Walt, that's the utility (AITP-X) that stopped working when the FSX SP2 patch came out. This is what we were discussing if anyone knew if a new version was in the works, etc.

Would this work if you have FSX + SP1 only at all?? Anyone know?

Guest Phantoms
Would this work if you have FSX + SP1 only at all?? Anyone know?
Nick, it should as it's been stated SP2 is what broke it.

Is this why I always get a fatal error when using this AITP-X?When that happens, a repair of SP2 always seems to help, however it overwrites the DLL file so there is no utility at all. The sim just does not like AITP.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

its been years!

Like this thread. :P

Anyway, it can be done http://forum.avsim.net/topic/363969-a-fix-for-5-minute-ai-timeout-limit-for-fsx-sp2-finally/

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just thought I might chine in here.  I tried AI Smooth a couple of years ago, and I started to get micro stutters.  I realized the stutter happened when ever AI Smooth spoke with an AI Plane telling it to alter course etc.  While this did stop most of the conflicts on landing and having to go around I decided to stop using it.

I then discovered a neat little trick to Zap any unwanted aircraft that happened to be landing in front of me.  I often would be given instructions by ATC to vector me to my destination/runway, only to hear a similar instruction to another plane about the same distance out from the Airport I was landing at.  I would be thinking 'here we go again', another go around (about 15 mins extra flight time) or just continue with the landing and perhaps 'going through' the aircraft that just landed in front of me.

For many years I have used Pete Dowsons FSUIPC in a cockpit set up.  The Manuals for FSUIPC are extensive, and in the main the information given is not required by the average user.  However, having had a closer look and delved a little, I came across a 'Title' called Traffic Zap that could be used to get rid of an aircraft in front of you which was or will course a problem.

For those who would like to know, here's how to do it.  Firstly, download FSUIPC from www.schiratti.com/dowson.html  When you install it, it will create a 'Modules' folder within FSX, but apart from reading the manuals in there if you wish, you need not concern yourself with this folder further.  I have a registered copy of FSUIPC which is required when using it across a network, but I am pretty sure the following will work on a non registered copy, so there is no cost to trying the following.

The next thing to do is decide on a 'key' that you will use when you wish to Zap an aircraft.  It is important that the key you use is not already in use by FSX for something else.  I decided to use 'M', but in FSX this key is used for Magnetos.  So I started FSX/settings/controls/button Keys.  Scrolled down and deleted the assignment M for Magnetos.  You can therefore do this for any key you might wish to use.

O.K., now go back to free flight, any plane and anywhere and start FSX (fly now).  Once FSX has started, press 'ALT' to bring up the menu at the top of the screen and press Addons.  In that list you will see FSUIPC listed.  Click on it FSX will stop and the opening screen for FSUIPC will come up.  Click on Key Press.  On the left hand side press SET and in the box press the 'Key' you wish to use.  Then under 'Control sent when keys pressed' scroll down until you see Traffic Zapper.  Press Confirm, exit FSUIPC and you are set to go.

If you wish to tinker further you can.  Within the FSUIPC Folder (Modules) is an ini file, and within that are two listings.

ZapAirRange=1.5

ZapGroundRange=0.25

These values are Km's

Here you can increase the range if you so wish.  The Ground range is fine, but the Air range may need increasing.

Sorry if this has been a little long winded for those in the know, but I hope it may have helped someone?!

Just a little correction.  I said above that the Range was in Kms; it's actually in Nautical Miles.  Not a lot of difference, but I bet someone would have picked up on it!