Sign in to follow this  
AlaskanFlyboy

737 PIC???

I use the PIC737 in FSX, though I've had it since FS9 and have lately been returning there since all my scenery add-ons are there. The NGs still have me stuck in FS9 whenever my VA assigns a 700 or 800 flight to me (We don't pick the planes or the routes, they get sent to us like a real-world dispatch), but I mentioned it for comparison since they are both 737 aircraft, but model two entirely different generations of aircraft. Sorry for the confusion.My old FS9 liveries are working fine on the plane in FSX, though I run Windows XP still and likely will for sometime to come. Since the aircraft is a port from FS9 to FSX, that is the main issue with DX10. I have no idea if there are plans to make it a completely FSX native aircraft, though one would assume so.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

>"I got the answer that the FS9 liveries work fine in FSX if>you don't use DX-10. That means they don't work in FSX!">>I think you will find that most use XP and could care less>about Vista and DX10 right now, so I disagree that it doesnt>work in FSX, it works just fine. >>XP Pro SP2>FSX SP2>If I'm going to spend money for a product I would prefer that it not already be on the border of obsolete. Since I have a rig that is running Vista and DX-10 I shouldn't have to turn off features of FSX to acccomodate a payware product. To me spending money on a product today that doesn't fully work with the features of FSX now means I will be choosing between that produce and others in the future. $60 for a product that is FS9 based and has a short life in FSX with no update on the horizion is not smart. Once the DX-10 preview was released in FSX that bar was raised as to what is FSX and isn't compliant. Whatever happens from here will only go foward not back. MS has stated that XP will never be DX-10 compliant you do the math. At some point soon to get the full benefit of newer sims and games Vista and DX-10 cards will be required. Resistance is Futile

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

My question is, are DX-10 aircraft backwards compliant with XP? Most of the articles I have read on DX-10 seem to speak of backwards compatibility issues. Something about DX9 and DX10 render paths being incompatible. If so, than it is a bar that is alienating to a majority of users. Though I do support that there should be a DX-10 compliant version for those that use DX-10, but then there also must be a DX9 compatible version available. I myself, however, will not be touching Vista for a while until I have the funds to not only upgrade to Vista, but upgrade the majority of my software, a lot of which I know already isn't going to function in the OS.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach