Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Confusing VIEW commands

Being relativelt new to FSx ( but very experienced in FS9), I am having some trouble coming to grips with the new view control system. So far I have been able to map simple keystrokes to give me instant access to VC, outside view, 2D panel and Top down view. ( Note that I have only been able to access the topd down view instantaneously by mapping a key to Camera 4 , and not to the shortcut to Topdown view - this just has to be a big)Anyway - my questions are 1. What do the following controls meant to do (a) VIEW TRACK/PAN(Toggle)(:( VIEW (SNAP to FIXED VIEW)© VIEW (SNAP to PANEL VIEW)(d) NUMPAD (View directions/controls) -- which is mapped to Num / (which I don't understand)(e) VIEW-LINK ALL(Toggle)2. I have the following View controls - all (bar one) are unmappedVIEW - Cam 0, 4-9 (Cam4 - as I said previously - is mapped to the shortcut for Top Down view)What are these empty mappings supposed to be for? Why are Cam positions 1-3 missing? Thanks for any adviceBarry

Barry,To start with, according to the documentation in the Learning Center, I think what you're calling cam 0-3 are the views already assigned to F9-F12 to pull up, (in order) VC, 2D, Locked Spot, Top Down. These are pre-defined in the Cameras.cfg file.a) VIEW TRACK/PAN(Toggle) allows to UNLOCK the tower view from tracking the user aircraft and pan around; thus Track/Pan toggle. I discarded the built-in screenshot feature and use the V key for this.d)NUMPAD (View directions/controls). I'm assuming the normal feature (with num lock off) just press the keypad numbers WITH SHIFT and get the 8 view directions, inside or out.b, c, & e I've never paid any attention to; perhaps others will have investigated these...Loyd

Thanks for that LloydI am still looking for some explanation as to what the unallocated Camera positions ) and 4-9 are for. I have allocated a keystroke to them - but they don't do anything.I am also trying to setup a situation whereby I can use the up/down and left/right keys of NUMPAD to get an instantaneous LOOK left or right , ect - at the moment these keys only pan left or right.Any ideas form any others please?Thanks Barry