Sign in to follow this  
thrakete

Taxi Lights

>Hate to display my ignorance, but what Taxi Lights? I can>only get landing lights in FSX SP2/Vista.In an earlier post that I can't find now, it was reported that you can get taxi lights on default aircraft that have taxi light switches by changing one of the designated landing lights in the [Lights] section of the aircraft.cfg files, but only if you have Shockwave 3D lights redux. The selected light is changed from "5" to "6". The Shockwave light change and this change to key command has worked for me and thanks to the contributors.If you have reassigned button assignments, the change to the standard.xml file needs to be made in AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>FSX>Controls>standard.xml in Vista.

Art

O.K. Bill--Thanks.I haven't bought any of the payware FSX add-ons yet-want to allow more time for the developers to catch up with the FSX and Vista changes. I will take another look at the 3 or 4 freeware aircraft I installed and see if any have the taxi lights.Thrakete

I finally got the lights to work independently of each other using my keyboard mod in the flightdeck.here's the code:In standard.xmlVista C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\ <Entry><Key>NUM_9</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS</Down></Entry><Entry><Key>NUM_3</Key> <Down>Toggle_Nav_Lights</Down></Entry><Entry><Key>NUM_6</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_Beacon_LIGHTS</Down></Entry>

I'm still trying to get a couple more of the lights to work. For a picture of the flight deck go here: I've got this so far:GWPlotts Home Flightdeck<Entry><Key>NUM_9</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS</Down></Entry><Entry><Key>NUM_3</Key> <Down>Toggle_Nav_Lights</Down></Entry><Entry><Key>NUM_6</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_Beacon_LIGHTS</Down></Entry><Entry><Key>NUM_Del</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS</Down></Entry><Entry><Key>NUM_+</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_WING_LIGHTS</Down></Entry>The Toggle_Wing_Lights function doesn't appear to work. I think perhaps I've got the NUM_+ key not defined properly.I'm trying to use the Number pad Enter and Plus keys. Should I say- NUM_Plus? In the pic below, all of the keys that have a name on them work as planned. The blank over the + and enter keys are the ones I'm trying to re-map.Here is the keyboard layout keyboard_lights.jpgThanks

:( :( :( Well, after a little bit of work, I got it figured out:<Entry><Key>NUM_9</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS</Down></Entry><Entry><Key>NUM_3</Key> <Down>Toggle_Nav_Lights</Down></Entry><Entry><Key>NUM_6</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_Beacon_LIGHTS</Down></Entry><Entry><Key>NUM_Del</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS</Down></Entry><Entry><Key>VK_ADD</Key> ' This is the Num Pad + key<Down>TOGGLE_WING_LIGHTS</Down></Entry><Entry><Key>F24</Key> 'This is the NumPad Enter key<Down>TOGGLE_RECOGNITION_LIGHTS</Down></Entry>