Sign in to follow this  
Art_P

maule lights

L turns on and off all lights on the maule. Control+L is supposed to turn landing light on/off. I have found that it doesn't make any difference which one is used since BOTH do the same thing--- (all lights on/off) Is there a way to fix it? Don

Guest Nick_N

Here is the fix I posted at SimV a long time agoCopy the following code and have it overwrite the entire LIGHTS section for both versions of the Maule{LIGHTS} (use square brackets)//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit light.0 = 3, -1.25, -16.36, 2.60, fx_navredlight.1 = 3, -1.25, 16.36, 2.60, fx_navgrelight.2 = 3, -17.15, 0.00, 4.40, fx_navwhilight.3 = 2, -1.43, -16.40, 2.60, fx_strobelight.4 = 2, -1.43, 16.40, 2.60, fx_strobe//light.5 = 4, -2.24, 0.00, 2.20, fx_vclight <-- up to you if you want it enabled, remove the //If I eve get my FSX lightfix finished it will also fix all these problems, including the bad light locations on all the default AC, including Acell

Sorry but this didn't fix my problem. My problem can be shown just by using the keyboard. In the controls L cycles all lights. Control +L cycles just the landing light. This works fine on my cessna, but on the Maule BOTH actions do the same thing. Both cycle ALL lights. Try it and you will see what I mean. Maybe it is just mine, but I doubt it.Don

I just now loaded the Maule to make sure if I remembered it correctly. It's not just you, the model has a funny in it. If you look at the panel switches themselves, you will see "L" does all three light switches, and "Cntl-L" only switches the landing light.Now go to spot view (which is what I believe you're talking about) and you will see the landing light is linked to the model navigation lights. Red on the right wing, green on the left wing, and white on the tail. These are on regardless of whether the nav switch is on or off. Now when the "L" command switches all on, the built in nav lights come on and also the lights from the lights section. I kept getting confused until I went through the exercise shown above. So you're not having a problem by yourself. The model has the navigation lights built into the model linked to the landing light, plus the lights from the lights section.PhillPS - I have acceleration so do not know what pre-SP2 behavior is like.

The Maule's model code is FUBARed. It cannot be "fixed" without having the original model's source code, reworking the Attachpoints and recompiling...It's a pity, because otherwise the model isn't bad at all...Well, the ailerons in the vc are also a bit strange too, since they move forward slightly at the top and bottom of their rotations... *:-*

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Nick_N

Try my edits BillThey do produce a 'double' light render (you cant see because I moved them to cover the change) but they also allow the pilot control over the lights via the switches

>Try my edits Bill>>They do produce a 'double' light render (you cant see because>I moved them to cover the change) but they also allow the>pilot control over the lights via the switchesNick, the problem with the lights in nearly all of the FSX default a/c stems from the method ACES used to establish control:It appears that ACES used a default XML partname "general_light" in the "Visibility" slot in the Attachpoint Tool. Look at the XML code for this partname: general_light100LIGHT LANDINGboolWhat is controlling the in this example? If you shout out "LIGHT LANDING" you get a GOLD STAR for today... ;DObviously, any "light" that uses this XML partname "tag" will be controlled by the landing lights switch! This is wrong, WRONG, W R O N G!Beginning with the SDK SP2/Acceleration though, ACES has now supplied new XML code for seperate lighting control:light_landing_vislight_taxi_vislight_panel_vislight_strobe_vislight_beacon_vislight_nav_vislight_logo_vislight_wing_vislight_recog_vislight_cabin_visUnfortunately, that doesn't do a thing for the existing default models... One can open the Maule's exterior .mdl file and using the "Find" function locate all the Attachpoint entries and their reference to the LIGHT LAND,bool variable, but we cannot EDIT the file to file to make any corrections, as we could in FS9 compiled models, where the entire XML code "blurb" on in one, unambiguous and "plain text" location.Lamentably, your "bandaid approach" is the very best that may be done, and it was very kind and clever of you to publish such. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Nick_N

It was a "quick and dirty" solution LOL!!!!!

Shockwave's 3D light Redux fixed this for me, but I had to change the aircraft.cfg "lights" section to get the lights right as follows://Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit light.0 = 3, -1.23, -16.51, 2.58, fx_shockwave_navredlight.1 = 3, -1.23, 16.51, 2.58, fx_shockwave_navgrelight.2 = 3, -17.15, 0.00, 4.35, fx_shockwave_navwhi_llight.3 = 2, -1.23, -16.51, 2.58, fx_shockwave_strobelight.4 = 2, -1.23, 16.51, 2.58, fx_shockwave_strobelight.5 = 4, -2.24, 0.00, 2.20, fx_shockwave_vclightlight.6 = 5, .7, -12.2, 2.5, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_tail // Shockwave lightlight.7 = 5, .7, 12.2, 2.5, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_tail // Shockwave lightArt

Art

I believe it is the flaps(not the aelerons) that move up one notch more than they should. I guess there is no easy fix for that. I just make sure to move them back if I make a mistake and put them up there. Don

The flaps appear to be correct. The Maule has one notch of negative flap setting for cruise conditions. When first coming out, TailDragger of ACES blogged about this. That data may still be there.Phill