Sign in to follow this  
Mace

PhilT a ? if i may on Nvidia and FSX DX10

are you talking about the menu CTD or the rendering issues like the flickering?

hi Phil,assuming your speaking to me, i'm talking about the flashing/flickering textures on the taxiways and on the buildings. especially the arpt. terminal buildings along with the disappearing and re-appearing clouds. i did not have these issues with SP1 only installed. the issues started after installing SP2. performance went downhill as well with SP2. btw, i'm running WinXP/SP2 and DX9c with all DX9c updates. happy flyin, FM

Ray:You do NOT need to physically enable X-Fire on a single 3870x2. It is enabled by default. It has been rumored that turning AI to OFF will disabled X-Fire but that has not been confirmed. I am runing 2 3870x2 with Crossfire X between the two and Catalyst correctly showed 4 GPUs but they act as a single GPU.HTH,Mike T.

>are you talking about the menu CTD or the rendering issues>like the flickering? Rendering issues sir.

>>Being an owner of both the 3870X2 and the 8800GTX the DX10>issues are not fixed with the ATI card. It appears to me that>problems lies with FSX DX10 preview.>>Just thought I would share that. For some reason many people>tend to beleive those anomolies do not exsist with the ATI>Radeon cards......The reality of it is they do. >For me, I realize the DX10 issues are there with both ATI and nVidia cards. That's not my concern. What does concern me, is the poor Image Quality I see with nVidia cards, vs. the better IQ I see with ATI.Yet, your post about the clouds issue could be a show-stopper, too. It makes a person not know what to do.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Being an owner of both the 3870X2 and the 8800GTX the DX10>issues are not fixed with the ATI card. It appears to me that>problems lies with FSX DX10 preview....and yet I have no issues at all with my lowly Radeon HD2400 running the DX10 Preview mode......go figure! :-eek

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Mike,<>Well that makes sense since the manual doesn't cover manually enabling it at all. Thanks for that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

NP Ray. Also, make sure that your Catalyst AI is set to advanced and you are good to go. Cat 8.4 has just been released which fixes a few things with 8.3. If you need help with anything else don't hesitate to PM me.Warm regards,Mike T.

Hi Mike,I'll keep this public for the beenfit of others if that's okay.<>Is that an option in the CCC? As I said earlier I don't use it. All AA and AF adjustments are made via Ray Adams' Tray Tools utility. However, if I should be using CCC for maximum benefit then please advise.I looked through the fix list for 8.4 but there was no reerence to FSX - my only 'game'.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Gizmo

>>Being an owner of both the 3870X2 and the 8800GTX the DX10>>issues are not fixed with the ATI card. It appears to me>that>>problems lies with FSX DX10 preview.>>...and yet I have no issues at all with my lowly Radeon HD2400>running the DX10 Preview mode...>>...go figure! :-eek Humm Curiouser & curiousorSo now we have Some ATI users saying the have the zclipping run ways and some who dont...it might be cool if you ATI guys could tell us what driver set your usingOn the other hand ive never hear from any Nvidia users who dont have this problem regardless of driver set.....So Phil if your still reading this what does your internal testing show about rendering error on ATI vs Nv under DX10?Id like to get to the bottom of this problem once theres just tomuch confliting info floating around forums about these problems(maybe a blog post from phil detailing the errors and whos to blame could help clear this up for us and who know it might be the push Nv need to start fixing things(that is if it really is just there problem)the Zclipping/taxi way problem is really the only this that spoiles the DX10 render path for me everything else about it is a plus on my system its looks better and i can run higher settings with higher frame rates than the DX9 pathThe crashing from "Nvlddmkm stopped responding" i get in FSX is clearly an Nv problem as the rate at which it raises its ugly head differs from driver set to driver set and also effect other games not just FSX Over to you Phil to fill us inCheersGizmo

I was using 8.3's and 8.4's(only drivers ever used) with the 3870X2. Every Nvidia driver I have ever used exhibited the problems (currently I'm using the 174.74 betas).

thanks for the clarification Mike. i didn't know for sure if Crossfire was enabled by default or not with the 8.3's or higher. i've never used Crossfire b4. the point i was trying to get across to Ray was that if ur not running Crossfire then only 1/2 the Ram is being used. btw, have u seen any difference in FS performance with X-fire vs. without X-fire on a single X2? i would be surprised if u said yes. happy flyin, FM

Guest S1mPilot

All I see is the end reality. Nvidia has no visible plans to fix it. ACES is done with FSX as far as they are concerned.So basicaly, I'd summarize the FSX DX10 issues as completely hopeless. No one seems interested except a group of end users. Imo, it's disgraceful.

Hi allWe have 3 major FSX rendering problems now.1. The flashing cloud bug with disappearing and re-appearing clouds. This problem exist in SP2 DX9 and DX10.2. Flashing/flickering runway taxi linesThis Problem exist only in DX10 mode. Maybe a driver problem, or a fsx rendering engine bug.3. The lighting problem with strobe and position lights. You can see the lights shine throught wings and cockpit/wall where they normally hidden by the object (wing/wall). This problem is visible at night and dusk flights. This drive me personally insane, when u fly in virtual cockpits. And this problem is visible on all fsx planes. See my attached screenshot with the stock Maule. This problem show up on DX9 mode. I Have not tested this under DX10, because DX10 is not useless.I really hope we will see from Nvidia/ATI and Aces Team a fix for this problems. I have absolutely no interest to wait 2-3 years until we will see the next flight simulator version, without this problems.Best regardsChristian