Sign in to follow this  
Guest j0nx

Best chopper addons for FSX?

Guest JIMJAM

The Nemeth EC-135 IS Worth every cent.The other Nemeth helis are complex and require some reading.One of my favorite free helis is at hovercontrol.Look for the hughes 500e for FSX.Alot of good freebies there.The aerosoft heli EATS FPS really bad.The only Alphasim I liked was the Apache.Fun to fly but NOTHING to do in the cockpit.

I agree. I just bought the CH-53 and its a great chopper. It's gonna take a little reading though, it's got a lot of systems modeled. It's also great to fly from the VC. They do have a quick start guide to get you in the air if your impatient, lol. Haven't tried the EC-135 but I am sure it's great also . That will be my next chopper purchase.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

does ctrl-e or something similar work on the nemeth design aircraft? Sometimes you don

Guest JIMJAM

The new Nemeth,135 I understand is not actually by them. However, its very high quality,feels right and YES, its already running. So NO, you do not need a degree or spend 2 hours starting it.

I looked into the 135 but it seems to be a lighter helicopter like the bell 205. I think I am after a versatile rescue helicopter that also can lift quite a bit and operate at mount everest as well :)... And it has to have cheats like stability systems and auto hover and operate in any condition ;).However what is the difference between the seahawk and jayhawk? I see you can buy the seahawk and boxer separately?

Guest JIMJAM

I owned them both for FS9. The performance was so bad I rarely flew them. The last one I bought was the coast guard version with the ship that you could move anywhere you wanted it. I had FS9 loaded until a few weeks ago when I lost everyything due to a crash. It ran good on todays computer. However, I do not think either are even compatable with FSX.I have aerosofts Lukla scenery which includes Everest.Its all 10 thousand plus so it is limited to what you can fly.My favorite scenery for helis was Aerosofts Manhatten. It has 3 or 4 small heliports. Monaco is just boring.Check out helicosim which has a Lama and a Alouette II which both are alitude record holders.I have flown the FS9 Lama which had a sling but not the current FSX version.PS-simmarket has the ALOUETTE II X.Might be the heli you are looking for....

thanks will look into it. I read about the 10000 feet limitation they implemented to get it working better at lower altitudes... Can do 15000 feet at least... Problem with choppers you want 60 fps flying them lol... But I do have a modern computer so think it would work... I do have aerosoft manhattan for FS9 also really nice :) Though its not that nice anymore when you have flown FSX a lot.Will check out helicosim :)... Never heard of them?

I always thought Harley's made good choppers,.....so did BSA.;)

Guest Nils79

Try the great Piasecki H-21C (piasecki_h21c_mp_r2_fsx.zip @Avsim Library) by Mick Posch, if you haven't already.

I only found one chopper on hovercontrol... And for some unknown reason I have throttle issues with it... Either it want let me lift off at all or it

Guest Seria17hri11er

Did a google search for benchmark aviation, couldn't find anything. I would also like a good chopper for FSX. However, I'm probably a bit pickier than everyone else. I want something that models vortex ring state, and loss of tail rotor effectiveness such as Dodo Sim's Bell 206 for FS9.

Guest Calb

Just out of curiosity....what would Settling-With-Power do for you ?? Would it improve your ability to hover ?Cal - CYXX