Sign in to follow this  
Guest j0nx

Best chopper addons for FSX?

oh... Read that it was quite easy on the framerates :(... More opinions on the CH53 please :)

Guest fsxmissionguy

If you're "VC picky" like me, you won't find much in the way of freeware helos (those mentioned here encompass what is available.)Get the wallet out and head on over to:http://alphasim.co.ukThey have some pretty good aircraft, and the VCs look pretty good, although some are not as functional as I would like to see. The helo developers have it rough, since there is little demand for their products in the FSX community - which is largely unable to fly them.Cheers,

Just wanted to chime in again on the CH-53. I have absolutely no performance issues with that chopper and I am running everything all out as far as scenery, weather and AI are concerned. It may depend on your equipment however. I am running a non OC'd E8400 with an EVGA 8800 GTS on an ASUS Maximus Mobo with 2 gigs of RAM. It's a great chopper and very complex, plus the VC is great to fly from. Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest j0nx

>If you're "VC picky" like me, you won't find much in the way>of freeware helos (those mentioned here encompass what is>available.)>>Get the wallet out and head on over to:>>http://alphasim.co.uk>>They have some pretty good aircraft, and the VCs look pretty>good, although some are not as functional as I would like to>see. The helo developers have it rough, since there is little>demand for their products in the FSX community - which is>largely unable to fly them.>>Cheers,>Alphasim's products are harrible. Nice guys and good support, but subpar products and the exchange rate now is just as bad. The only decent product I have ever purchased from them is the apache and only because it's fun to fly. The VC is terrible and no systems are modeled but that thing is a blast to fly. The other 2 choppers and the few planes I bought from them are just abysmal in every way. They spend just enough time on them to make them work and then it's on to the next product. I'm sure some of their products are fun to fly like the Apache, but don't look for any realism or systems modeling from them.