Sign in to follow this  
scott967

The best landclass for FSX?

Guest ErezS

As you already know,half of the world in FSX is a desert.What is the best landclass for FSX?worldwide speaking or just continent(just for Europe or just for Asia)Payware is an option.Erez

Guest UlfB

>As you already know,half of the world in FSX is a desert.Yes. This is how the world looks right now with global warming all over. Use FS2004 or FS2002 if you wanna go back in time. The images on Google Earth are old.>What is the best landclass for FSX?worldwide speaking or just>continent(just for Europe or just for Asia)>Payware is an option.The best for me is MyWorldFSX LC (payware) combined with UTX Europe (payware).You could make your own landclass with EZ-landclass or FSX KML or another freeware tool. In this way you may remove any desert you want.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Guest JIMJAM

I own em all and none are realistic. Ive just decided it is what it is.I just wished someone would figure out how to add a command or program that didnt allow trees or building within a certain ditance of the ends of runways.I know of many that if you bump of the autogen and trees, a tree or building appears right off the end of a runway.Btw- I run GEX,FEX,UTX and Flight1's autogen.UTX plus GEX plus using Xgraphics runway,taxiway and water textures = very nice looking.

Every available landclass has its own strengths and its own weaknesses. There is no "one best" landclass solution for FSX.

>I just wished someone would figure out how to add a command or>program that didnt allow trees or building within a certain>ditance of the ends of runways.Check the library for a package or two by Jim Kier. He did some work that made exclusion areas around all airports, taking out the autogen. Haven't tried it myself, but it may be what you're looking for.

Guest NoobPilot

I use SceneryTech (from Flight1) with GEX and hopefully UTX soon.

Guest shaheedan

>>Check the library for a package or two by Jim Kier. He did>some work that made exclusion areas around all airports,>taking out the autogen. Haven't tried it myself, but it may be>what you're looking for.Hi,Can you sent me a link on that download library? thank you.RegardsShaheedan

Guest craig1998

"Yes. This is how the world looks right now with global warming all over"uh oh al gore is on the forums lol. all i gotta say is greenland was called "green" back in the day. why? cause it wasnt the icecube it is today. earth goes through cycles man. up down up down.

Guest UlfB

Try a search with "Keir" instead (some typo). You'll find the files.Ulf B

Guest TPT82

HiI purchased all three of the major Landclass products. Each has it's strengths and weaknesses as reported by NickN. I fly for real and it just bugs me seeing clusters of trees where there is just a field in real life. Now I am a realist. I understand that it would be too time consuming and expensive to make a landclass that is identical to the real earth.So decided to attack the problem from a different direction. I looked around at the different design tools to see how hard it would be to make my own local landclass. I found SBuilder X. It is an excellent program. I read a couple of tutorials and began work. In just about a week, I was able to improve the look within about a one-mile radius of my home field. It is not perfect, but everything looks much more realistic. The clusters of trees are now in the proper place and shape. I placed little ponds where they belong. Next I will start placing the houses where they belong. Mind you, it is a little time consuming. But I just divided the area into quadrants and worked one quad at a time. Now that I have a one-mile radius, I will start working new quads further out. I have no intention of recreating the whole world. But my goal is to go out about 20 miles. So now when I am (virtually) getting close to home. I will see familure terrain.If anybody is interested in seeing the difference, let me know. I will post screenshots in the forum.I am using a lot of scenery add ons. I have GEX,UTX,FSG Mesh,.... I just placed my new homemade LC above everything else. So far they all play nice together.If you do not like the way your home area looks, you do have options if you can spare a little time.By the way, SBuilder X is free. But, they ask for a donation. If the author of the program is reading this, a donation is inbound. What a great program. Thanks!Nick

Guest harleyman52

You bet..I would like to see your screenshots as I have just purchased FEX UTX GEX and FSGenesis(complete )Thanks