Sign in to follow this  
ccaughie

FSX won't ask me to activate after reinstall

Having recently got a new computer, I installed FSX, Acceleration and a bunch of add-ons. FSX and Acceleration activated with no problems.Later I found that there was some wierd problem with the install that caused the F-18 panel not to display properly. After trying a couple of things I ended up uninstalling the entire lot and starting from scratch.The second time round, FSX installed OK but this time when I run it, it asks me to accept the license agreement but does not ask me to activate. Then when I come to install Acceleration, it says that FSX must be activated before I can install Acceleration.What do I do??! :( I've already tried rebooting before reinstalling (for the third time) and manually deleting any files left over in my profile directory, C:ProgramData, etc.I'm running Vista x64 by the way.Colin

I had the same problem once when I had two User Accounts on Vista Ultimate. The solution for that was to start FSX on the other User Account. Both Accounts had administrator privileges, so I don't know why I had to do it that way. If you have more than one User Account, might try starting FS in another account.