Sign in to follow this  
Guest craig198

any FSX/2004 simmers check out Xplane V9?

Guest craig1998

looks pretty cool. I love the way xplane has realistic physics modeled into every part. each shape changes the way the aircraft handles. Is it worth my time in checking out this sim you think?any experience you guys have had with xplane v9 let me know.

Guest reignman40

I have also consider looking into it. I just read this on the wiki and sounds pretty cool."Users are encouraged to design their own aircraft, and design software is included with the program. This has created an active community of users who use the simulator for a variety of purposes. Since designing an aircraft is relatively simple and the flight model can help predict performance of real-world aircraft, several aircraft companies use X-Plane in their design process"

I've always wanted to try it but I want to see screenshots of it too. Amd yeah, there is a demo apparently, but last one I ran didn't work very well

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest thx1137

I was spending 50% of my time on FSX and the rest on X-Plane. There is a lot to like but since Orbix release FTX I have only loaded it a couple of times to compare stalls and spins to my flying lessons. X-Plane (IMHO) does that a lot better, depending on the model of course.The main reason I was flying FSX still (before FTX) was because there is a Sportstar (Eurostar) for it where there isn't one in X-Plane.The FSX Sportstar flies a lot like the real thing (clean and in a normal flight envelope) so for my money the physics handling isn't light years beyond FSX (I think FS is catching up). One thing I do love in X-Plane though, the recording and playback of your flight path is way better than FSX.I like having both, if only there were more scenery designers for X-Plane.Steven.

Guest craig1998

my first impressions of x plane thus far...i was flying the cessna 172 and noticed that this thing flys like its on rails lol. where is this advanced flight modeling everyone is talking about? man I could nail 4 point rolls in the 172 no problem with xplane lol. I do like the motion I get in the craft though like im flying in real air. ( i know I sound like im contradicting myself) but its true. the plane handles like its on rails and normal(cruising) flight is a "fluid" type of experience.I think I like fsx better so far but will try xplane some more.by the way I was flying low over the airport in xplane and almost had the crap scared out of me lol. watch...http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r25/hot...movietake-3.flv

Guest stevehow

:-) :-) Now that was funny.does that have same effect in VC...or is it similar to Rain effect in FSX .only works in 2D panel?? steve:-) :-)

Guest craig198

naw only the 2d i can see that happen.