Sign in to follow this  
kparrish1

Help pls FPS 4

seems smoother, but little change to the FPS.And FSX has reset its controls, I spent ages setting the controls for my PMDG 747.I must admit I am nearly at the stage of throwing it out, getting pretty sick of it.MS should specify correctly what is required for this simulation, its very misleading to the average guy on the street, the spec required and the actual requirement are miles apart.Having now purchased, FSX, ACCELERATION, FSX DELUXE, as my original FSX would never work properly, and also upgrading my machine, I really cannot justify another 200 to 400 quid on another setup for SLI or a high powered single GPU. I have also purchased like many others addons for FSX. Which at this moment are worthless.I am very very disapointed in the product, I know the future is great and it will last until then, but what about now, I have 100 pounds worth of software sitting here unuasable basically.Currently I work as a commercial gas fitter/boiler engineer, and if I sold a customer a boiler and said well, it will work a little for the next year, maybe not, but in 2010 it will work really great I think they would tell me FO. So come on guys help me out here. Sorry for the rant, but its getting to that stage

I understand all that, so my GPU sucks and isnt going to work on FSX, but why should I upgrade my GPU again????? Only built the SLI setup a few months back, after that I upgraded my whole machine for FSX excluding GPU, as it was SLI ready.Its a bit much to have to pay for another GPU..... The guys @ MS need to spec better what is required to run this simulation. What is specd on the MS website and DVD cover is misleading...:-(

Guest fsxmissionguy

Joe,I use the nVidia 7950 GX2. I'd stay away from DX10 cards (not ready for primetime). I get decent frame rates at KBOS (20 or so at fairly high complexity). Excellent elsewhere. KLAX drops into the 16s, so, I don't fly there much (although San Fransciso is OK).What's required to run the sim depends on too many factors for MS to put it on the box. For example, if you're a bush pilot, FSX minimum specs are fine for flying the EH101 over the 3m LIDAR Mount St. Helens (excellent view, btw!)If you want to fly the Level D 767 out of LaGuardia at full Secenery Complexity, then of course the requirements change.Sux about nVidia, though. Sure wish they didn't have a monopoly on the monitor. (And I bet Microsoft does, too!) Where's the Dept' of Justice when you really need 'em!

I don't suppose you live in the UK do you? If so I can sell you my old 6800GS... :)Seriously, it gave me much better frame rates than what you're seeing with my old P4, even with the PMDG 747 at major airports (albeit with no autogen or traffic).Anyway I hope you manage to find a card that solves your frame rate problem. If you can afford it it's definitely money well spent.Colin

>PS: This is my 1000th post!Phil ... And in such a short time. Just, thank you so much for hanging in here with us all. This forum can be a jungle sometimes. And you are nominated for the $1 MIl prize on the "FSX Survivor Show!!"Take care, Steve

<<>>A valid point. System requirements on the box...XP/SP2 - 256MB RAMVista - 512MB RAMProcessor 1.0 GHzVideo Card - Direct X 9.0 with 32MB of RAM and support for hardware transform and lighting.Hard to imagine any enjoyment from this system.

many thanks for that, pc's and hardware are annoying, I have always built my own computers, and I know everytime something comes out I have to upgrade, but I have recently upgraded and got into FSX, and need to upgrade again, thats all I am saying.When FSX is running well its great, but I find it really buggy to be honest, maybe my machine. I spent all day Saturday reinstalling, repairing etc, just now reloaded it, and my buttons and control config has gone. Now needs reloading again, FSUCPI has kept my buttons for PMDG.I know PMDG 74 needs a good spec cause the cockpit alone is high graphics, but I will try it again tomorrow.Now changing my raid around so its a little faster, but bottle neck GPU is going to hold it back.I'm not worried about how the ground looks, as along as the airfields are good, I have a number of addons, which are also high demand. I know I will have to upgrade the GPU but its painful, another

><<misleading>>>>>A valid point. System requirements on the box...>>XP/SP2 - 256MB RAM>Vista - 512MB RAM>>Processor 1.0 GHz>>Video Card - Direct X 9.0 with 32MB of RAM and support for>hardware transform and lighting.>>Hard to imagine any enjoyment from this system.>Yes if it said a GPU with ultra high settings and 1gb of GPU ram, quad core pro, 6gig of system ram, I wouldnt be able to complain right!!! But the spec for FSX is very low compared to what is required.

I do live in the UK, whats the spec on the card ???Going to try playing around with what I have, but let me know the spec and price, I do have a older PCIE GPU here somewhere may try that first.Many thanks

It's a Gainward Bliss 6800GS, 512MB, 485MHz. Price, not sure. If you're interested send me a PM and we can figure out what's fair. eBay's good for that. :)Definitely try your other card first though. It seems like there are quite a few things that can make FSX run slower than it should. I'd hate to sell you a card only to have you find that it makes no difference at all...Colin

I don't think the card is the problem unless the card is bad. I have the same card on an e6700 system and I get 17-23 at klax and 12-17 at kord. This is with scenery set to dense and autogen set to normal and traffic set at 55%. keith

Yeah something is very wrong not sure what!!! I lose the config of buttons etc, not good.Will have a good look tomorrow.thanks Ray

I know we use FSX differently. I'm usually low and slow with GA aircraft, real weather and the default ATC. Sometimes my FPS drops to 8 or 10 but the sim still seems smooth. Even with a default 737 or Airbus the frame presentation is still acceptable. Now if I added an aircraft that also needed a big bunch of CPU cycles and a massive GPU I would expect to have problems. I'd be interested in knowing what you get with the default jets. Could it be you're blaming FSX when the add on aircraft should share a little of the blame? The box states the minimum requirements to run a program but not what's needed to satisfy us "simmers".

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Spec for PMDG 747Mininimum - 3GHz or multi-core processor, 1GB RAM, WinXP SP2/VistaBest Performance - Dual or Quad Core Processor, 2GB RAM, 512MB Gfx Card, WinXP SP2MS FSX with Service Pack 1 (or later) installedSo agian I am within there spec and FSX spec. Even though its slightly higher then FSX.

>It's a Gainward Bliss 6800GS, 512MB, 485MHz. Price, not sure.>If you're interested send me a PM and we can figure out what's>fair. eBay's good for that. :)>>Definitely try your other card first though. It seems like>there are quite a few things that can make FSX run slower than>it should. I'd hate to sell you a card only to have you find>that it makes no difference at all...>>Colin>Many thanks Colin, will let you know as soon as my raid has rebuilt, and I will check out my other settings.