Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Real Deal fsx 737 ng

Guest kristiannoe

>>Be very careful with the Ariane 737, do a search on this>>forum and you will find a lot of complains of it. I bought>it>>last year for a lot of money because they advertised with>FSX>>compatibel but after buying (and NO refunding) I get a>FS2004>>model and NOT working under FSX. I have just take a look at>>the "VERY GOOD REVIEWS" and they are all aged and about FS9>>model. After that, I was also flying a lot with the default>>737-800 and wanted more challenge with working FMC etc. I>>invested in the Level-D 767 and never regret that buy...>>>>Happy landings... >>>Hi,>>I strongly agreed with you. i have a similar thing. it's>useless. Don't buy that product. >>RegardsWell, I think you're totally wrong on this one. The Ariane 737 for FSX is one of the best simulated add'on aircraft so far. It's even used by real world pilots. Can you please tell me what's wrong since you ask him directly NOT to buy the product?Former rumours doesn't exist anymore. Let me put it this way;Bad times in Ariane have expired. Actually, now it's one of the best costumer services you'll find on the sim market! Very professional work!That's my opinion, and I'm not trying to argue with you. Just telling the facts about how it's working now, and not how it was some time ago.Happy monday :)Kind regards,Kris

>Be very careful with the Ariane 737, do a search on this>forum and you will find a lot of complains of it. I bought it>last year for a lot of money because they advertised with FSX>compatibel but after buying (and NO refunding) I get a FS2004>model and NOT working under FSX. I have just take a look at>the "VERY GOOD REVIEWS" and they are all aged and about FS9>model. After that, I was also flying a lot with the default>737-800 and wanted more challenge with working FMC etc. I>invested in the Level-D 767 and never regret that buy...>>Happy landings... Hello,I don't have any special interest in seeing you buy Ariane products over any other, because I own most of the complex airline sims available from PMDG's 747 & 737 and Level D's 767 to Captain Sim's new 757 Block F and enjoy all of them. I think all of the developers of complex airliners and GA planes are doing a great job with their products. They're all trying to out do each other in making the simulations realistic and us sim enthusiast are the ones benefiting.But I have had Ariane's 737-900ERx since it came out (along with the livery package)and feel, without any doubt that it is the best 737 for FSX available. It is very complex, realistic and runs very stable with one of the lowest FPS hits of any complex simulation.The Ariane 737 model that you are talking about in the quote above was not released for FSX. It was released for FS9 and, to a certain limited degree, would run in FSX.The brand new Ariane Boeing 737-900ERx that was recently released, was developed as a native 737 for FSX and it works beautiful. I find that there is nothing wrong with it at all. It is a very enjoyable, fun and realistic airliner to fly. It does everything that it is discribed to do on Ariane's website. Ariane Designs did a great job with it.You may want to check out YouTube and search videos of Ariane's FSX 737. It will give you some insight into it. You can also go to their forum and ask about it at http://www.arianeaircraft.havetofly.com/

Well, I went to your link to see the screen shots and found you have to register and when reading the regristration pages found they were ready to threaten a potential customer. And here's a direct quote from their website..."Failure to adhere to this will not only result in banning of your IP from this forum, but prosecution under the laws effective for the United States for harassment, as well as violation of EULA for forum registration."That's located at - http://www.arianeaircraft.havetofly.com/viewtopic.php?t=270So when I read that, I said, "No thanks. Won't deal with a company like that."Phill

I may purchase the product once i get my fsx sp1 running with no ctd's on my new system. I HATE these crashes its the most frustrating problem I have ever encountered in fsx. Does anybody remember before sp2 what the sp1 fizes were?Thanks for the other side of the story on the adriane 737.ThanksRichy

Gosh sakes Phill, tell the whole story!"By this I mean that if your profile is completely blank, I will not approve you. Also, if your profile info looks like you are here for anything but what this forum is for, I will delete you. Trust us, we are NOT interested in spam here nor sales pitches of any kind.""That being said, if you are here for Ariane products or support for these products, please fill in all profile info, such as location and interests so that we can know if you are real or some goofball spam bot." They are saying that they don't want spammers, harassers, or solicitors. Are you planning on spamming their website or selling another developers product on their website, or just getting on and flaming them? If not, you have nothing to worry about. There won't be any problem.Go to the Flight 1 or PMDG website and start talking about Airsimmers or AirlinerXP's coming releases. Or start writting spam or harassing posts, you will get booted off just as quickly.That forum is for Ariane support of their product or to answer questions from simmers who are interested in their products. Their rules are no different from any other developer forum.

I've had the Ariane 737 for about a year and a half. I've been totaly happy with the product, really it is an amazing creation.....I've had just about every msfs airline type payware addon over the last 10 years, some good, some less so, and IMHO the latest Ariane products are up there among the best. Aftersales quesions (and that includes some dumb ones) have been pilotely and professionally responded to, the forum is a great place to pose questions, make comments and learn. If you have pre-purchase questions or concerns contact the Ariane support people(I did) and you will receive an informative response. The web site is well done and you should check out the printed manuals available....which will probably be next on my list to get.I've been flying for a living for 30+ years and appreciate a quality, detailed product when I find it and this one of the best.Dave

Well, because I'm a registered user I take a look at the screenshots who look awesome BUT, I also bought last your that FSX model (who was not working within FSX) for the eye candy and beautiful screenshots and after install it in fs9 I was very disappointed by the picture quality of the flight deck even when running at 1920x1200 and it was a big different against the good looking screenshots.I downloaded and viewed today a Mpeg video of the new 737-900 for FSX and see now that again the quality of the flight deck is much less than promised by the screenshots on the website. Maybe I am a little upset due to that experience last year but my conclusion for now is that I'll wait for the upcoming Airsimmer Airbus and till that moment I go on with the excellent Level-D 767.Happy landings....

Simba,May I suggest you contact Ariane support directly(attn: Ed), voice your concerns.....They will respond. I've been treated with the utmost courtesy and the responses have been informative.Dave

The same Mr. Ed was last year laughing my complains away and stated that the customers have to read more carefully.... so, no thanks...

>Gosh sakes Phill, tell the whole story!I'm glad you wrote that. I have zero interest in tubeliners, but I do have a very high respect for telling the whole truth!Selectively quoting part of a message in order to twist the intended meaning is very poor form...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I had more than one chief pilot over the years tell me to go read the book again(actually at times they were not that polite!).....I sure nothing was meant derogatorily. I hope you'll reconsider and give them another try. My experiences have been good. Take care,Dave

Many of the airline simulation developers now days will not answer questions that they have gone to the trouble to include in their extensive manuals. They will just tell you to read the manual.Many of those questions you can get friendly answers to by other simmers on the developer forums if you miss it in the manuals.As far as the visual quality of the Ariane 737-900ERx cockpit, it is very good if you have your display set up correctly.They do not doctor the screen shots on the website. Those are actual screen shots and it will look like what you see there if it is set up correctly.Finally, the Ariane Boeing for FSX does work great in FSX and unlike many, it even works with DirectX 10 Preview selected. Remember, if it doesn't work on someone's computer, it is not the fault of the software, because it can't work great on my computer and many others, and not on yours if it was defective software.There would have to be something conflicting with the airline sim within your system, and that could be the same case with PMDG, Level D or any of the other popular airline simulations.I think if you look at Level D support forums for FSX, they have also struggled with .xml files that become altered by other add-on programs and render their 767 FSX useless. Little by little, they have been getting the problems solved. It is a wonder he hasn't gone crazy, but Daryl was very helpful with me when I had the problem. Last time I looked, one thread on this subject was nine pages long.

Guest kristiannoe

Actually, it's being discussed on the Ariane forum right now, about having to "buy" a new activation.You can get a new free activation.. Just send a copy (scan is ok) of the reciept of for new computer.Regarding the charge for email suppport;Well, every problem can be solved on the forum.. That's my personal experience :)All these difficulties is caused by the company's piracy politics. I don't think you can put it in a negative way, that they're against piracy.. I think that's 100% fair.Again, this was my own opinion and experience.Kindest,Kris

I was close to pull up my visa and start the countdown while reading this (thanks to all posted). But the chargeable support and reinstall policy scared me off badly. What if I reformat the HDD and/or refresh the OS, or add another disk drive or a new video card?(which I do every once in a while). Each time Ariane will charge me like 20 peounds? :( I can always show the receipt of course, but what if they don't read my language? Guys, I honestly want to buy the product, but these concerns are serious obstacles. How do you put up with them?Thanks.