Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Real Deal fsx 737 ng

Actually, I did tell the whole story. The messages above was what got me, an attitude of "Prove to me in advance you're not whatever."Yes other sites will boot someone for harassment or whatever and they should. But most other sites let you in with registration and if they have a warning about misconduct, that's OK to. I've been going to and fro on this planet for some seven decades and I always try to treat others with respect. I expect the same.I do know this company, I've had several of the earlier FS9 737 aircraft and really enjoyed them. I'm not putting down their product, just some of the attitude they exhibit. You also said, "They are saying that they don't want spammers, harassers, or solicitors. Are you planning on spamming their website or selling another developers product on their website, or just getting on and flaming them? If not, you have nothing to worry about. There won't be any problem."I've seen times and places where some used the "you have nothing to worry about" statement to get things passed (speaking of legislation) that did have other consequences. So, no, I won't try to answer their questions in order to prove something. That's just me being stubborn. Anyone should be allowed to view (not post) for someone who is interested in a product. Anyhow, got to get back to what I was doing. Enjoyed talking to you. Have a nice day.Phill

My apologies, Bill. I was not trying to do any selective quoting (that's why I made sure the link was there for folks to read the whole thing). That was just the part that got me.I seem to have more difficulty expressing myself on the internet, but not in person. Perhaps body language has something to do with that.The point was that one should not have to prove to anyone in advance that they are not up to no good. (edit: is this a triple negative?)Have a nice day.PhillPS - tubeliners? That's a new one on me. Have no idea what that is. : ) Edit2: Now I know what a tubeliner is thanks to google. I thought I was being called a name, but now just see Bill does not care for airliners. Funny how we can read something wrong.

"One more item to be aware of is that the online activation with these guys has never worked and you wind up waiting another 2 or 3 days to get your keys using the E-mail activation. Been there done that, have the Tshirt hanging in the closet. This was with the BBJ a couple of years ago."This just is not true. If you (again) follow the instructions that are clearly given when you download the product, you will get your activation within two days.If you don't read the instructions and wing it on your own..., well, it just will not work and you will experience frustration, anger, an increase in heart rate and blood pressure and maybe even death. (well, maybe that's carrying it a little far) I own every model that Ariane makes for FS9 and FSX and have never (not once) had any trouble activating or even re-activating the product.(and I recently got a new computer and had to re-activate everything)The only time that they are thinking of charging for activation (that I know of) is if you repeatedly change your system (which some people do like every couple of months). Even then, I believe there is a thread on the forums now, showing how to reinstall the product onto the same computer after re-installing windows, without having to re-activate.The system that they are using now for activation is one of the most effective in preventing piracy. I hate to tell y'all this, but other developers are starting to use the same system because there seeing their software getting stolen and Ariane is not.Piracy is going to make it harder and harder and harder to activate and re-activate all of the great add-ons that we enjoy. We need to get used to it.These developers just are not going to spend thousands of dollars (euros, pounds, franks, pesos...etc.) and man hours building great software for some meat-head to come and steal and distribute it while thousands of other meat-heads line up to download it free and steal the food off of the developer's table while destroying his business.These wrappers, like the Flight 1 and the one Ariane uses, are getting very popular and worth the extra cost to developers just for the protection they give.

Guest kristiannoe

Well, I totally agree with you, Bob.Kris

Guest fsxmissionguy

Ditch your nVidia 8800. Use riches to purchase nVidia 7950. End of CTDs.

"The point was that one should not have to prove to anyone in advance that they are not up to no good."Phill, in a perfect world what you're saying is true. In the real world piracy is ruining developers by distributing their software freely on torrent websites.There are also those who will get on forums and spam like crazy, ruining the advantage of having a forum for everyone else.There are also those who decide for one reason or another that they do not like a certain developer and will get on their support forums and flame the developer or try to sell the products of other developers on their forums. They are trying to disrupt the sales of the developer and in doing so, cut the throat of fellow sim enthusiasts by destroying a developer that they enjoy.Understandably, this is all conduct that no developer will tolerate, not Flight1, Aerosoft, PMDG, Captain Sim or Ariane. They protect themselves from it in different ways. I just registered for a forum that requires you to use your real name within the forum for this very reason. I don't consider it that they don't trust me, there just protecting themselves from what's out there.

>PS - tubeliners? That's a new one on me. Have no idea what>that is. : ) >>Edit2: Now I know what a tubeliner is thanks to google. I>thought I was being called a name, but now just see Bill does>not care for airliners. Funny how we can read something>wrong.LOL! Yep, another is "flying cigar tubes..." ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Well, I totally agree with you, Bob.>>>KrisWho is Bob?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest kristiannoe

>>Well, I totally agree with you, Bob.>>>>>>Kris>>Who is Bob?"signmanbob" - just thought his name might be Bob ;)Kris

What kind of performance are people getting with high end add-ons? Wouldn't they be totally funky in terms of performance? Kind of assumed they would be . . .QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X