Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeffPreston

Is there a way to have a Mission with Voice?

Hello:I mean, something like a virtual co-pilot who would be there as a helper. Need something free.Regards,

Guest fsxmissionguy

Ed,Almost all of the default missions have a virtual copilot, there as a helper, doing things like handling the radios, prompting you to lower your gear, etc.You'll need to be more specific about what it is you're looking for ... but if you're going where I think you're going, you're unlikely to find anything for free.Virtual copilots are very difficult and expensive to program without them seeming like they have only a few phrases at the ready (which can quickly get very boring and monotonous.)There are some excellent payware packages which add a virtual copilot who can help with checklists, handle clearances, etc. In fact, I reviewed one of them for readers of this forum... "Cockpit Chatter." It's a bit pricey at $40 USD, but if you're looking for a virtual copilot, this is probably the software that you want.That review post is here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=boo...topic_id=426534Cheers,

Roger that and Thanks:Where I am going is, I want to be a Virtual Co-pilot on our Initial Training Mission for WestWind, VA. When the mission is started, I would read the checklist, put flaps up (and down), set the altimeter and so on, fly along and discuss weather, and say and do all the other things that need to be done. This would be mission specific and not change once it is set up.Anyway to do this?Regards and Thanks again.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Ed,Still not sure exactly what you're driving at. You write: "I want to be a Virtual Co-pilot ..."It sounds almost as if you want someone to design a mission for you to do some very specific things. Is that what you're driving at?Cheers,

Yes, you can create missions using the FSX SDK documentation and the mission creation tool. Takes patients and dedication though.

Ha,ha, thats funny, lol. very dangerous - take lots of patients. can't count how much i already lost.

Hi FolksEd -Try creating/editing your mission with FSXME.http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2795Freeware - basic funtionality.Payware - extended functionality.It'll create the dialog wavs automatically.You can then tweak the text, till your happy with it.Then re-record the resulting scripts using your own voice.HTHATBPaulResized logo pending ;-)http://www.fs-odg.com

Guest JeffPreston

Lars - thanks for the mention!FSFlyingSchool is a virtual instructor/examiner.I realize Ed's after a copilot - but it might be worth a try - and it's free to fly around the Chicago area. :-) Jeff Preston