Sign in to follow this  
Guest william273

How many forum members does it take...

Guest Eek

... to change a light bulb.1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs5 to flame the spell checkers3 to correct spelling/grammar flames6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"4 to suggest the replacement of the bulb with a LED1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.This was posted on another forum, but sounds vaguely familiar. :-lol EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz2GB Corsair PC-3200 512x4 Dual Channel CL2.5 DDR DIMM eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3Sound Blaster Audigy LSOCZ Powerstream 420WWinXPPro (SP1)

Lol, that was awesome, thanks!Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

9 to post that ________ payware is more realistic than OEM lightbulbs.(Btw this is a real discussion on model train forums about getting the right light for photographs)

Guest Eek

>9 to post that ________ payware is more realistic than OEM>lightbulbs.>>(Btw this is a real discussion on model train forums about>getting the right light for photographs)I don't doubt it for a second. It isn't much of an exaggeration, at all. This came from a forum for DeLorean enthusiasts. People are quite predictable, when it comes to one's passions.EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz2GB Corsair PC-3200 512x4 Dual Channel CL2.5 DDR DIMM eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3Sound Blaster Audigy LSOCZ Powerstream 420WWinXPPro (SP1)

Guest airbus2

>4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time>ago?">1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from>now and start it all over again.As i read this, a few posts down is the 'aircraft treadmill runway' question, which was started 17th December 2005.Dave

Guest airbus2

>lol, being the lurker in question, "I resemble that remark">BNothing personal lol. Infact i think i commented on that thread! naughty hypocrite me:-shy Dave

Guest robains

You forgot:5 that post their system specs incorrectly100 post their system specs regardless4 believe that the internet is a viable research tool6 posting about posters of which one is one;) Rob.

Guest william273

Is this... The Department of Redundancy Department? william