Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Any way to do 2D view with hat switch and NOT see wings, etc?

I liked this in FS9, that you could hit the W key to clear out the forward view, and when you changed view directions with the hat switch the view would remain free of plane components. Any way to do this with FSX?Thanks in advance,NoelQX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Yes, a workaround has been found and documented in this forum.Try selecting the 2d panel view.Hit W to get gauges only view.Hit shift-2 or similar to pop up a window.Hit A, shift-A.Voila.

Bert

Thanks, I'll try it. Too bad there is not another workaround to . . . restore the prior easy capability. Nasty when they remove a function that works fine . . .QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I believe that the removal was not a planned feature change, but something that happened when fixing another problem.

Bert

Guest RichardL

Yes, that "un-planned" feature makes FSX questionable for home cockpit builders. We have no need for 2d panels so why must I see them? And yes, I have looked at all the possible way to fix the problem. Restoring the full capabilities of the "W" key is what's needed/expected.Richard

I'd love to have that standard behavior restored as well, but I've found that the workaround actually allows me to map a Yoke button to the 2d view and another to the VC view; and not only can I set the 2d view to not showing any parts of the airplane, I can save the situation and this view setting is saved as well.So I've pretty much learned to live with it.

Bert

>Yes, that "un-planned" feature makes FSX questionable for>home cockpit builders. >>We have no need for 2d panels so why must I see them? And yes,>I have looked at all the possible way to fix the problem. >Restoring the full capabilities of the "W" key is what's>needed/expected.Knowing that it isn't going to magically change behavior, everyone ultimately has too choices. Learn to use the workarounds to best advantage, or continue to chafe and fume.Life's too short to fret about things over which we have no control... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator