Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Be careful!! flytampa St maarten from simmarket

Guest stevehow

Hi allbe very careful when buying Flytampa's ST Maarten scenery from Simmarket.It's just been released for FSX with the SABA and Bartholomy(think that's what it's called)so i bought it from simmarket and then discovered there are two packs available.one is original Flytampa ST maarten,other is new one with extra airports.unfortunatly on simmarket they only have older the version advertised.so thinking it was new version i bought it.... NO extra airports Grrr it's in New section so very misleading.i went to flytampa and discovered that there is a FULL version,which has the 2 other airports.this isn't on simmarket yet!! not sure if i can return it and get Full version. steve:(

Thanks for the heads up Steve, but they may have modified the page already. Here's what it says:"the contents of this package are also available as FlyTampa St.Maarten Complete with the Islands of St.Maarten, St.Bartholomey and Saba"with hyperlink on "FlyTampa St.Maarten Complete".Anyways, thanks because I had earlier bought the FlyTampa 2004 complete and the FSX complete was made available in my account. Super.:-hah Pierre:-hah

Pierre

Guest stevehow

Thanks .i'll try the trouble ticket..if not.i'll buy the full version..looks really good the ST barts,Saba extras cheers steve:-)

Steve: We'll get this fixed for you somehow. I am in contact with Simmarket to see how they would solve it. If they can't I will fix it for you myself, no worries.Martin / FlyTampa

Guest NoobPilot

^ That is what I call customer service. Keep it up.

This sounds like the boys are back in business!!! There goes my pocket money! :-lol:-lol:-lol

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I did the same thing Steve.Wish I had come here before buying.Oh well I went ahead and bought the complete pack also.Hopefully I'll get a refund or even store credit or something.Anyways,this is an incredible scenery package.Great detail and great FPS.Michael

Guest fsxmissionguy

^^ Excellent customer service.I was a little confused as well when I went to purchase the product. I did notice that the version containing all 3 airports was ONLY for FS9.Martin ... will Fly/Tampa be distributing the 3-airport version for the current flight simulator?

Guest Spirit Flyer

>^^ Excellent customer service.>>I was a little confused as well when I went to purchase the>product. I did notice that the version containing all 3>airports was ONLY for FS9.>>Martin ... will Fly/Tampa be distributing the 3-airport>version for the current flight simulator?I went to the Fly Tampa site to buy, then got a little confused as to which package is the one designed for FSX. When I saw this (following) notice I decided that if they put their money where their mouth is, I will have to get it right the first time, or I lose. I will take their written word for it. So, if no grace is given to me, then it's a "No Thanks" from me! There are lots of other developers I have dealt with that I don't feel I have to be on guard for fear of making a mistake. Caveat Emptor... Let the buyer be Aware, and Careful!Quote:"Please check each product page to see what versions of Flight Simulator these Addons are compatible with. We will not issue anymore refunds based on FSX incompatibility claims."http://www.flytampa.org/order.htmlSpirit Flyer

Guest JIMJAM

The is also a bgl afcad? file there buried in the forums. I was one of the original downloaders and it was missing or not correct. The tower communincations at TNCM were missing and was treated as a uncontrolled field. Also,saba has NO com freqs or communications.Im really not concerned. The rest of the world could vanish under the sea and I would be happy just flying in this area.Now if only Islands of the West Indies was released for FSX.That with a FSX version of Fscargo and I would be a :-) man!

It appears that to buy Fly Tampa scenery you now have to go through Simmarket(?). Is that why the cost of each package has increased from about $21 UDS to $28USD? I know the dollar keeps dropping when purchased outside the US. Can you still purchase through Fly Tampa w/o the mark-up that Simmarket has placed on many of their offerings. Just curious.Thank-you,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I noticed that too. I almost bought it Monday, but decided to wait and went back yesterday and saw Simarket as the only option. The Dollar/Euro exchange is really hurting now.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Guest stevehow

Hi Martin thanks for this offer of help.I've had a drawn out conversation with OLAF from Simmarket,complete waste of time.I tried to explain the confusion of the packages.but they closed the case on me.not helpful at all.never buy from simmarket again.1st trouble ticket i've had since using simmarket since 2002.my list of purchases from them is 2ft long.very happy to pay extra cost for the full version... steve:-)

Guest Spirit Flyer

Steve,I am sorry to hear that you have been treated this way. I too have a long list of purchases from Simmmarket, over several years. Since I wrote in this thread earlier today, I went back to their site and was able to download the FSX version. Had I known that they were treating others the way Olaf just treated you, I would have withheld my purchase. Should have gone with my first instincts and refused to deal with them! Whether or not a product is "pretty" is sometimes beside the point. This kind of nonsense needs to be starved out of the marketplace.Spirit Flyer