Sign in to follow this  
P-12C

Aces looking for mission feedback

I promise I will only bump this thread once. :)I am still collecting feedback so if you want the opportunity to provide feedback on your favorite missions and what kinds of mission experiences you would like to see in the next incarnation of the product, now is the time to provide it.Thanks!

I don't have a sign in account there..so here goes. This ismore of a Mission Tool feeback rather than mission feedback,I'd like to use MP3 sound formats in the missions. This file format is much smaller when it comes to ziping the mission for uploads.I'd also like to use the ability to use background music (MP3) for the missions. Right now, when I use music.. IT does not run in parallel. ITs in sequence. One sound file has to finish before the second one starts. So can;t use that for background music.:)MAnny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest rap777

Missions based on the outcome of previous missions! Almost like a "Flying Career set up"Missions with humanitarian emphasis of "Helping" others!Thank you and kind regardsAlfred

Guest JIMJAM

I would like a "helicopter search/rescue/evav" mission system which randomly creates different missions.Say, you receive a call, auto wreck. Proceed to variable location,pickup, take to defined landing point.Next, same but change the event location.No complicated precise triggers but a basic to/from with different pickup locations.The startup location could be a hospital, airport or ship.I prefer keep it simple but alot of randomness than the follow the exact procedure and setting off triggers.No replay value and buggy.....

Guest lingfors

How about less "new shiny features", and more bugfixes, better documentation of default airplanes, etc? Missions are all fine and dandy for those needing a well-structured experience, but for those of us that have taken the step beyond the restrictions of the default airplanes and the repetitious in-game ATC and spend most of our flying in add-on airplanes connected to online networks such as IVAO or VATSIM, what matters most is stability and correctness. Having FSX crash on you on shrt final after holding above London for an hour at a massive IVAO event (which was awesome, btw) isn't what I call "fun".And the fact that, say, default airplanes doesn't have taxi lights after two service packs are kinda rediculous. Or what about the windshift issues? Do we really need third-party solutions to make your products useable?On the other hand, I'm not really willing on spending a few thousand dollars on upgrading my computer and new versions of add-ons I already have for FSX, so I doubt I will be purchasing FSXI, or XII, or XIII...

Although I'm personally more the "free flight" type of guy, I'd like to see some thematic series that focus more on the everyday challenges of real flying than on searching elephants or flying VIPs (hey, they can stay for sume fun missions). Also, in my opinion the difficult missions should not be difficult in the weakest field of every simulator (the lack of force feedback and visual perception), so not so hard aerobatics (or should I buy a more precise joystick? ;-) ):- a series of "weather challenge" missions for the average small and medium GA aircraft with really realistic weather scenarios (based on a better weather engine) with user-selectable level of randomness, so you can choose to repeat a flight in a specific weather situation exactly the same way or with to some degree randomly changed conditions. Heavy loaded aircraft in hot summer, strong sidewind landings, turbulences in the mountains or after heavy aircraft, icing, sandstorm, haze, navigating through thunderstorms (please finally make real, scaring 20000 ft CN towers)- "IFR adventures" with complex and surprising ATC directives, realistic approaches (functioning much better than the flight school checkrides ;-) )- a "difficult approaches" series (remember the freeware downloads for FS 2004 ?) featuring some interesting builtin GA airports (don't have to be ultra high quality, just the particularity that makes them "difficult")- a "failures and trouble" series (make a better failure model too).Enough?

Guest fsxmissionguy

Manny,You can run background music by using the OneShotSoundAction, rather than a DialogAction.That way, the music runs "in parallel" and you can have voice overs on top of the music. I am currently beta testing a mission that uses music in this way. You can get it here:http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.comLook in the Beta Test forum for information.The mission is called "Swiss Holiday." In this mission, I took a licensed .wav music file that was originally 33+ Mb (PCM 44.100 kHz, 16 Bit, Stereo) and switched it to PCM 8 Bit, Mono so that it would function well inside this mission. File size reduced to less than 2.5 Mb. Works well. Any larger than this, and the mission system will pause the mission while loading the music into RAM ... which sort of kills the experience.If I had to guess, I'd say that ACES ran into some issues incorporating .mp3 into FSX from Microsoft corporate, owing to DRM issues, so, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for .mp3 to make an appearance.My vote for vNext would be for Microsoft to use its vast wealth to create some free music for us to use in missions instead of buying Yahoo for 40+ billion. I bet the musicians with nothing much to do over at MS Game Studios could do wonders creating some mood music for us pilots.

fsxmissionguyAh! Thanks fsxmissionguy.I should check that out. That would work. Let me check your work.And yeah... There is this copyright thingi with music that I would love to use (more mainstream music). The only advantage of an MP3, I can recommend some music and in the readme file as part of install instructions and state what music needs to be downloaded (after purchase from the link I can provide) for this particular mission. Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Maybe I should try a few although I'm not really into them. I stopped using them prior to SP1 because they were hosing up my logbook.Anyone else encounter that problem before or after?DaveESSB(SP1)

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest Bonkey

I'd like to see improved AI, smooth weather blending, a faster terrain engine, visual icing on airframe & runway, sloped runways, slippery runways in snow/ice, crash physics/breaking off ailerons-flaps etc. Smooth replays with control surface movements. A solid SDK that gives third parties the features they finally need.Significant performance gains, hopefully included in FSXI-RTM not 12 months later in a SP.Scripted missions just seem too easy to be worth an upgrade without improving the platform first. After the above, a few extra missions might help sell it to the kids.