Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Short haul airliners for FSX?

What do others use as a short-haul airliner in FSX? Other than the stock B738 and A320, the others I am aware of are the Wilco A318/19/20/21, the Wilco B734 and the Ariane B738. Are there any that I'm not picking up that are worth looking at?Thanks, Bruce.

Yup - a little nostalgic, perhaps - but they're still being flown by many major airlines - The Flight1/CoolSky MD80. Loads of skillfulll flight deck work, and if you tie it in with HiFi's XPax you'll have a new career! Good website and great support. 5 stars

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul,Yes, I have the F1 CS Super80 and agree that it's a great product. Those steam gauges sure keep you busy! I should have added that to the list of known a/c above.Thnaks- Bruce.

Guest PPSFA

I use the MD80 and Wilco 737. I would love to use a CRJ but can't find one that works with multiplayer/shared cockpit (hint to developers :-)

Guest Shalomar

I like the F1 ATR-72 for short hauls. Maybe too slow for you, but it was updated for free from FS9. One of my favorite features is that with SP2 and VCrainfix.zip installed, you actually see rain hitting the widsheild! Gives a purpose to the working wipers...Best Regards, Donald T. :-wave

Guest Spirit Flyer

>I like the F1 ATR-72 for short hauls. Maybe too slow for you,>but it was updated for free from FS9. One of my favorite>features is that with SP2 and VCrainfix.zip installed, you>actually see rain hitting the widsheild! Gives a purpose to>the working wipers...>>Best Regards, Donald T. :-wave>>Hi Donald,I went hunting in the AVSIM library for VCrainfix.zip (and variations of the name) and was unsuccessful in finding it. Is it a program that just works with the F1 ATR-72, or is it a general fix for FSX virtual cabins? I would dearly love for my twotter wipers to be useful. regards,Spirit Flyer :-wave

Thanks for the ideas, much appreciated.I do have the F1 ATR but only for FS9 and have not used it for a while, I must get the patch/file for FSX and get it going there. My recollection is that the ATR is in the Super80 / LDS category of well done aircraft.I did re-install the F1 Super80 last night, and what a gem that is, framerates are great and such a smooth flight model. Thanks again, Bruce.

Hello,The VC Rain fix is on the Flight 1 site http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryIt is for any of the aircraft that have been made compatible with FSX from FS9 that have the opaque windscreen in VC mode during rain. Works like a champ. I also have the Flight 1 ATR in FSX. It is very fun!!! Nice looking, full of working bells and whistles, a real pleasure to fly. As soon as I get my little bonus from work I'll be blowing it all on the Level D 767; Coolsky MD-80; PIC 737 and UTX.Then next bonus to the PMDG 747; GEX; FlyTampa St. Maarten and whatever else I can afford. So many add-ons; so little funds. I guess waiting makes you appreciate them more though! Thank you,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd2GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Just remember to check your wiring 'harnesses' down in your wheel wells before taking off :D

>Hello,>The VC Rain fix is on the Flight 1 site>http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library>It is for any of the aircraft that have been made compatible>with FSX from FS9 that have the opaque windscreen in VC mode>during rain. Works like a champ.It only works insofar as it makes the windows clear by using "dummy bitmaps." You will NOT see any "rain" in the VC of FS9 a/c you might use in FSX.You can download vcrain.zip from AVSIM. It contains both Joe Binka's modified bitmaps and the default bitmaps...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>I went hunting in the AVSIM library for VCrainfix.zip (and>variations of the name) and was unsuccessful in finding it. Is>it a program that just works with the F1 ATR-72, or is it a>general fix for FSX virtual cabins? I would dearly love for my>twotter wipers to be useful. The filename is simply "vcrain.zip"... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Shalomar

I use VCrain.zip and since installing it with SP2 I see rain on the windsheild of the FSD Seneca, the PMDG 1900C, the TBM 700, ATR and a few others.Some aircraft have the effect in their model file and others don't, but many do.Best Regards, Donald T. :-wave