Sign in to follow this  
jobepilot

FSX what is wrong with it?

I set the config for keys/buttons, next time I restart its gone, same with scenery settings.

is there anyway I can edit the config file to keep my FSUCPI settings/buttons and my controllers settings????

Guest YEGspotter

What I did, and it seemed to work, was save my configuration settings in the display settings menu. The few changes I made to the keyboard assignments, seemed to stick after that...cheers

Ok tyI removed Fs2crew and since then no probs at all... Must have been some conflic for sure.

Glad it's fixed but you may want to mention your exact problem so that Bryan can have a look at it. He's the developer of FS2Crew and asked you previously in this thread.Regards,Jim Karn

Yes, Paul, please email me.FS2Crew doesn't write to any FSX config files, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how that could theoretically even happen. Still, to at least satisfy my own curiosity, please contact me.Cheers,Bryan

yeah I think it was the key settings/keyboard commands, it sent my FSX and PMDG crazy.Couldnt set any commands in FSUIPC, and none of key commands would stay, everytime I reloaded they were gone, the clip below is from Peter Dowsons forum, its not a great thread as I got pretty upset in it.quote ok many thanks Peterheres what I have done.1) removed all FSX software, FSX deluxe and Acceleration 2) removed all addons, PMDG, FSUIPC, active sky, fs2crew etc (late night )3) reinstalled FSX deluxe only4) reinstalled PMDG, FSUIPC etc5) reassigned my buttons6) everything now works fine. restarted FSX all works, buttons stayed cool So I am assuming that either FS2Crew was causing my problem or Acceleration was. Everything is working as it should now.I am sorry I got frustrated with you, but I knew how simple it was to use addons, and somehthing was very wrong with my install.FSX is highly tempermental and will crash and stop functioning at the slightest error.Thanks for your help jobepilot Posts: 27Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:02 pm Private messageE-mail Top--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Report this postReply with quote Re: edit my config to keep settingsby Pete Dowson on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:24 pm jobepilot wrote:So I am assuming that either FS2Crew was causing my problem or Acceleration was.More likely FS2Crew. Maybe some or all of the key combinations you chose were already allocated to it? Maybe which module got the keypresses first depended on load order.Everything is working as it should now.Good. Happy flying then!Pete

If you're referring to PMDG 747 key assignments themselves not being saved (that would be my guess), you might want to ensure you're logged in as an Admin.With Vista and FSX there are potential issues regarding saving files to the Program Files directory if you're not an Admin.Cheers,Bryan

Please email me with as much specific info as possible.But I honestly don't see how FS2Crew could even theoretically cause what you're experiencing - but in the weird and wonderful world of computers never say never.All the best,Bryan