Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

New FSX MegaScenery Patch for Southern California

Hi,I just got an email from MegaScenery that mentions a new FSX patch to Southern California. Anyone know what issues they fixed? What other improvements did it make?There are no details about the fixes, or enhancemnts, if there are any, as there is no readme file.The link:http://www.megascenery.com/patches.htmBill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Geof, What is your opinion of SoCal for FSx. There is never any pictures below 2500 ft. Is the scenery acceptable at around 500 to 1000ft. I had SoCal for Fs9 and thought it was good, except sitting on the runway at San Diego it was very blocky. Any improvement over this? Thanks Scott

>Geof, What is your opinion of SoCal for FSx. There is never>any pictures below 2500 ft. Is the scenery acceptable at>around 500 to 1000ft. I had SoCal for Fs9 and thought it was>good, except sitting on the runway at San Diego it was very>blocky. Any improvement over this? Thanks ScottI know you asked Geof. But let me pipe in as well. ;)It is acceptable at 1000 feet. Not sure about 500 feet.It is better than the FS9 version. But the color is so bleached, it has taken a lot out of So Cal. I don't know if you remember the first So cal for FS9 that was dark brown tinge to so cal. That was so much nicer in spite of the low resolution. But stilkl, considering the location and the size, its a definite buy. JMOManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest SkullxBones

I tried the patch but I'm still using a flattening poly so I don't know if it fixed the runway at KSAN or not.Did they add more buildings with the patch? It looks to me like it has more.

Thanks Manny, I bought Megascenery Hawaii because of your enhancements, Thanks for the info. Scott

Guest firehawk44

Thanks Bill for the heads up on the update. I didn't receive the e-mail even though I did receive notification of the fix for Oahu. I've been waiting patiently for a long time for the patch on SOCAL. I downloaded the half gig patch and installed it and it fixed the disappearing runway at KSAN. I'm still checking to see if the other affected airports have been fixed too. It's a large patch and it may contain some enhancements which would be nice. Aerosoft/PC Aviator techs did an excellent job finding the problem and coming up with this patch and they get my sincere thanks for their continual support to this excellent product.Best regards,Jim