Sign in to follow this  
Art_P

Need to repair my Learjet 45's aircraft.cfg file. Help please.

Guest yienmaster

Hi. An add-on messed up my Learjet 45's aircraft.cfg file. It effectively removed the Anniversary skin of the Lear45.Could someone please paste the portion of the aircraft.cfg for the Learjet 45 here so I can overwrite mine with the default text?The aircraft.cfg file is located at:'Microsoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesLear45'It should be from "[fltsim.1]" down to the first empty line.I would really appreciate it!Thanks guys.

Here's my whole cfg. Pick the portion you need.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188061.txtCheers,

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest yienmaster

Thank you very much!I am about to test it out and see if I managed to get my liveries back from that sneaky, overwriting add-on....Success! Works like a charm and my favorite FSX aircraft is back to normal.I'm in your debt. I didn't expect anyone to take the time to navigate into their directory and find the text, but you really helped me out.Thanks again.

Not a problem at all, I'm glad you got it back.Have fun!Cheers,

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

You should either tell us who it is, or write to them and tell them what they did. :)I know that Shockwave makes backup of your files before installing, and replaces 'em when you uninstall.

10290.jpg

generate-signature-new-2.php?login=USA1205

Guest Rick Baldwin

I'm glad you were able to get your problem solved!It's a shame that FSX doesn't have a way to reinstall from scratch just one component, such as the Learjet 45, for those who somehow get a corrupted file.I remember a few months ago my Baron somehow got messed up and the only way I could resolve it was to reinstall FSX from scratch. Talk about using an anvil to swat a fly!The ability to reinstall individual components needs to be on the wishlist for FX11!! ACES are you reading this?-Rick----------- My System -----------P4 @ 2.53 GHz / 1GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce 6800XT, 256MB / Windows XP Home

Well, in the meantime what's so difficult about backing up your files now and then?Or, at the very least, your default a/c can simply be copy/pasted to a "Repair Hanger" folder! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Rick Baldwin

The problem with your suggestions, Bill, is that they require both forethought and planning. :)-Rick----------- My System -----------P4 @ 2.53 GHz / 1GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce 6800XT, 256MB / Windows XP Home

>what's so difficult about backing up your files now and then?LOL. Great advice, but don't expect us to get it right. I had a disk backup that had an earlier installation of FSX and had to use it to restore my system after problems booting. After restoring, I wrote over the aircraft.cfg files with later saved versions that were saved after Shockwave 3D lights was installed. But, I had to reinstall 3D lights which backed up the aircraft.cfg files as indicated in an earlier reply. So now if I try to uninstall Shockwave 3D lights, it will replace aircraft.cfg files with the same file from it's backup. Backups are important, but you need to give it a little more thought than I did.Fortunately, there is a web site that has tweaked copies of some aircraft.cfg files for download.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art