Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike707

Anybody tried Alexey Samoshin's Natural Trees?

Have you tried TreeX? It's free and here on the AVSIM Library. Check it out before you buy this.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest sillyeagle

TreeX doesn't impress me. Based on the images I can't even bring my self to bother downloading it. On the other hand those "natural trees" have me considering a purchase. So many of the FS add ons out there are not so much an improvement but a different taste in artistic style. I often like what ACES has produced over the add ons. I don't even use GEX anymore since it creates mix macthed textures around the globe which ruines some of my favorite locations, and from what I've seen of GEX in those areas, I like the ACES textures much better. The Natural Trees certainly look good in the screenshots, but like GEX its possible I'll get it and not like it.

Guest Nick_N

>I don't even use GEX anymore since it creates mix macthed textures around>the globe which ruines some of my favorite locations, and from>what I've seen of GEX in those areas, I like the ACES textures>much better. Here is your solution until we finish Europe

Guest SkullxBones

Biggest problem I would have with buying something like this is it appears to have the same default scale of autogen trees which are way to big for my photoscenery areas. Now if they had a scaled to proper size version that also included autogen houses/buildings, I'd be real tempted.

Guest sillyeagle

Restoring the GEX backup is a real pain due to the size and install time, but thanks for the suggestion. So here's what the Natural World Trees look like. I bet these would work really well with GEXn. I did pics in the UK over my favorite default textures, and also in the Vancouver+ scenery area. This tree package might be one of my favorite add ons yet. For one thing the trees look awesome, and it also upgrades nearly the entire sim. If there is a performance hit using the 1024 trees over the default 512 size I didn't notice it. I'm at 3.0Ghz with 768MB of vid mem and was in the 30's over the UK scenery, which is using extremely dense autogen. I have to use lower settings in the Vacouver+ mountains. I'm even using 8xS supersampling at 1600x1200 and 32bit textures on the Spitfire, and the 1024x1024 trees seemed to do fine. Some of these trees have a bit of a scrawny appearance when compared to the defaults since they are more detailed and modeled differently, which can make the autogen look less full, but using the 512 resolution might help a little with that. Overall this package seems to be a keeper and if you are drawn to the art style it might even be a must have. I'm certainly glad I decided to shell out the cash for it, as its that good. It steps up the whole sim. Now the whole of FSX has trees the caliber of FTX, though not rescaled and of higher resolution.http://sio.midco.net/FTP9/newtreesa.jpghttp://sio.midco.net/FTP9/newtrees3a.jpghttp://sio.midco.net/FTP9/newtrees4a.jpg

Guest Vigilius

Nice pict and great plane!

Guest Mike707

I agree with the point made concerning the very inaccurate scale of the trees, which as simply way too big. I would certainly purchase this product if the trees were scaled to a more realistic size and if any third party add on ever does properly scale autogen, I would be the first to purchase it.