Sign in to follow this  
VIRGINA340

Flashing/Flickering Screens?

Hello all. It's advice i'm after. I have a Dell XPS 720 with a ATI 3870x2 Video Card. I have a constant problem with flashing screens whether it be using XP or Vista. For example, i want to set my altitude or speed. I try to enter it with my mouse and that's when the problem starts. The screen goes white and then blank and then flickers back to normal. I have the latest 8.4 drivers from ATI but to honest dont really know the best settings for FSX and my card. Has anybody experienced this with or without using an ATI card or is it an FSX problem?Any help from anybody would be much appreciated.Pete

40282618105572517s.jpg

Guest craig198

i always get that too. I have nvidia latest drivers for 9 series.174.74? i think.I get the flash everytime if I open say the radio tuner stack and real fast put my mouse on it. the whole screen goes blank for about 3-5 sec.also I occasionally get flickering skies runway textures and what not as well.sorry as I have no solution but Im hoping one of these computer engineers on here knows.

Guest firehawk44

I have the same system except I have the NVIDIA 8800GTX cards. I do not see the problems you're having. Most of the video cards are having some problems when displaying flying tips and I think most flight simmers turn this feature off and that stops some white flashes seen when you're moving your cursor around. This feature can be turned off in FSX in the Realism section. I believe it's in the realism section on FS9 too. Other than that it could be your display drivers or your sliders are turned up too high. Ciao,Jim

Guest Nick_N

In the FSX settings, Aircraft Tab... UNCHECK 'Show cockpit tooltips' and see if this goes awayIf it does, it would be the first time I have see this issue with a ATi adapter. nvidia adapters have been causing problems with that enabled since day 1With ATI you may want to try working with 'adaptive' or temporial AA (turn them off) or see if setting Catylist AI to OFF or ADVANCED makes any difference.

Thanks for the advice evryone, it has been happening with this card since i purchased it. I have myself been monitoring the events of the Nvidia cards, which is why i'm slightly perplexed as this affects ATI aswell. Will give the suggestions made by nick ago and see if that helps.Thanks again everyone.Pete

40282618105572517s.jpg