Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

For all Reality XP Garmin 430 fans....

I just downloaded the newly released Dreamfleet Piper Dakota for FSX, and lo and behold, we know have our first Reality XP Garmin 430 GPS working in FSX!What a wonderful thing indeed! ;)

I hope you have better luck than I. During the installation an error popped up asking me to find the FS9 path for installing the Rxp stuff. I don't have FS9 on this computer. I can't log into the Dream Fleet support forum for 15 minutes because I exceeded my login quota. I couldn't remember the darn password. That was after I was sent a password reset. I had several issues right off the bat with the configure app in the 2d panel and Rxp Garmin. The config panel locked up FSX completely. Plus every time I load the Dakota I get a "Insufficient avionics bus port errors (0)" for Rxp. I'm going to reinstall and hope it will fix the problems. Not a good start LOL. Bob..

I just disregarded the FS9 'question', and everything seemed to install just fine. The Garmin and trainer installed just dandy, and I'm having no issues with the configuration panel. I inserted a flight plan into the Garmin, saved it, and I'm ready to take a maiden 'voyage' to test everything out.

The re-install fix those issues. Now I can't get the darn key in the ignition. Did you get it started?:)

Key is on top of the dash :D (I had the same 'issue')This baby flies fantastic....wonderful job.

Guest thx1137

Hehe I had a problem starting it too.Here are the steps not to be missed or she will backfire or not start.1. Remove tie-downs (Ctrl+F7)2. Add pilot (Ctrl+F7)3. Grab key and swipe from left to right along the dashboardSteven.

>What a wonderful thing indeed! ;)Yes, we're getting there. Now all I have to do is wait for a version that supports 64 bit :) But I understand that's being worked on.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

The keys use an invisible clickspot, a rectangle that follows them around is always in front of their position , it uses the default FSX left or right drag , simulating grabbing the keys off the glareshield and inserting them into the ignition, hope you like it as it took days to get all those animations just right.