Sign in to follow this  
Virtualwombat

ATC Responses Disappearing. Glitch?

Guest yienmaster

My ATC responses are missing sometimes. It happens about once every 15 minutes, but I really screws everything up. I am unable to respond and my IFR gets cancelled, or I have to save and quit and then reload to get my responses back.What can I do?Is this a known glitch?

Guest RonB49

There are a couple of known problems in this area although they usually don't happen as often as your issue (every 15 minutes).1. If the controller gives you a command and you see the responces in the ATC window but pressing 1, 2, etc. does not send a responce, then click your mouse anywhere in the ATC window and try again. In this case the ATC window is just losing focus.2. If the controller gives you a command but you see a blank ATC window (no responces listed), then try changing the COM 1 frequency. When you do, the ATC window will display "Change Frequency to xxx.x" or some similar wording and when you reset COM 1 to the correct frequency, your ATC window will display the normal responce list and operations will return to normal, sometimes. I do not know what causes this second problem and some folks have said that the recovery method listed above does not always work. It works for me, try it and see.R-

ye, sometimes just switching the radio to stby frequency and bak will cure the problem usually does for me.

Guest yienmaster

Ah. Glad I'm not the only one who sees this happen. I will try to change the frequency and see if the option to switch it back appears.To clarify, I am having the 2nd problem you guys mentioned, where there are no responses listed.Thanks. I'll let you know if that works for me.

This glitch is mainly a problem if you change the ATC window display settings. If you leave them on the default settings there is often no issue.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals