Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

fsx messages

I don't know what method you used to update the video card device driver, but the sound card would be similar (if you have a separate sound card). One way is to go to the manufacturer's web site and get a download for driver update, if applicable, and run it. If your driver is current and you have a sound card installation CD, it can be run to reinstall the driver. The current driver number can be found at Start>Control Panel>System>Device Manager. Sound devices will be listed same as video devices, and options are available there for driver update.The usual diagnostic procedure is to run the program without non-essential programs running in the background and unplug unnecessary devices. You can run msconfig to select "diagnostic startup", and if FSX runs okay then, select "selective startup" and add/remove items in the list under the "Startup" tab until the culprit is identified.All of this may or may not work for you. I can just attest that it has worked for me a number of times. There are also options within FSX that can deactivate features of the program (certainly do not activate DX10 preview mode) to help eliminate the program as a culprit.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

This could be a long and tedious test since I have to run the sim for at least 10 to 15 minutes each time before the problam shows up. My sound card test indicates that it is working fine. There is absolutely NO problem sound wise with anything else on my comp. I really appreciate your help and will try some driver updates that you suggested. fsx is the only program that has the problem. fs9 works perfect, great fps with sliders way up. I don't expect you to keep helping but it is nice of you to do it. Don

I have run all kinds of tests and have discovered something that seems unbelievable to me. I normally fly out of tacome washington. My home airport is tacoma narrows. The problem has gotten so bad that almost immediately after I take off it freezes. Yet, listen to this!!! I have found that if I go to an airport in New England I can fly all over and all is fine. So I decided to try the other direction and went to california-half moon bay. I flew all over there with no problem, but when I went back to tacoma I couldn't even much more than get in the air before it froze! Has anyone heard of such a thing? I know I never have. Any ideas?Don

It appears that you may have eliminated hardware and drivers as the cause of your freezing problem. I took off, flew around, and landed at Tacoma Narrows, so I guess it isn't a glitch with FSX other than you may have a corrupted or missing file. If it was me, I would try taking off in the opposite direction and from a nearby airport to try to pinpoint the occurence.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Also, you might get more help on this with a new thread with a relavent title.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

I have been using fsx for my flights in tacoma area ever since it came out so I know it works fine (Worked fine) I fly to Bremmerton int. a lot and when this problem first started I could make it 3/4 of the way, then it would lock up. Now it doesn't make any difference which direction I take off in, it locks up about 45 seconds after takeoff. But yet I can fly in those other places ok--- WEIRD!! I have uninstalled/ reinstalled 4 or 5 times--tried the sim barebones--w/sp1 only, w/ acceleration, deleted the cfg file and made a new one--you name it. I am hopeing someone will come up with something I HAVEN'T done.Don