Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

FlyTampa's St Maarten Complete for FSX

First of all I would like to say that this scenery looks outstanding and this is in no way an attempt to bad mouth the product and would tell you to go and get it. My problem is that I am seeing extreem changes in FPS performance but only at the St Maarten Airport or when looking at the airport from a distance the top down views have no performance hit. At various positions I am seeing anywhere from 30-40 FPS depending on my settings and then WHAM slap down to 7 FPS! Landings and Take offs are very jerky but once in the air it smoothes out fast only to be brought back down again when looking back at the airport. I have even seen this enroute to St Maarten from BARTS when over open water. Martin has given be some things to try and will try them tonight but I wanted to see if anybody else has this issue. Please note I can run the default St Maarten and extreme scenery settings and normal autogen with road traffic and 30% UT AI at a steady 24 FPS locked and even higher unlocked. Thanks.

Jim Wenham

Guest stevehow

Hii would suggest running a little freeware program called FileMon,have it run when you get the FPS drop ands see what files are being called.i'm running St maarten complete and it's really good on fps.no drops like you are encountering..could also be worth checking Flytampas website.they have a forum there.see if anyone else is getting this. steve

Steve, I'll look into that FileMon freeware. I have posted on their forum and no other users are saying anything about having that problem. Martin has pointed me to where the scenery files are that St Maarten uses and asked me to remove them one at a time and see which one is causing the problem. This doesnt happen with the Default St Maarten so I'm sure it is a bad file somewhere.

Jim Wenham

FileMon is outdated. It's been replaced a long time ago by Process Monitor, also freeware. It's available from the Microsoft website. Do a GOOGLE search using Process Monitor for the website and download location. You can do lots more with Process Monitor than you can with FileMon.EDIT: Oh heck...here's the link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...f7263dd7f5904f2

Rick Ryan

Guest stevehow

Cheers Falcon..didn't realise ..i'll get the newer Process monitor. thanks steve:-)

Well I have firured out what my problem is. The problem is with Anti Aliasing. If I use in game AA I see the problem, if I use 1280x1024 with 2x multisample in nHancer on AA in FSX I dont see the problem. I can run 4xaa but have to knock my resoultion down to 1024x768. The strange thing is that I dont have this problem with any of the default fsx scenery.

Jim Wenham

Guest JIMJAM

8800GT XP 2 GIGS SP2 BLA BLA...Even using the latest beta of Nhancer and the Nvidia drivers with all the tricks, I STILL cannot get a crisp picture. Im on a 32 inch lcd at 1920 by 1050 its native.The horizon and especially runways are jagged. Tree shimmering is better.The water at low 2x is VERY shimmery. Its that a word? When facing the sun its a stomach turner. Very psychedelic.NOTE-This is the world not just the scenery.Running ALL the major addons. GEX,FEX,ect ectI think I change my shift an fly only at nights....Landing at St Barts and Saba ought to be interesting though..Maybe I can get them to park some cars along the runway..