Sign in to follow this  
Guest jesse_skyunlimited

Flight Replica BF-109 problems

Guest dwaohio

I have prop prolems with the Flight Replica BF-109. When running in the virtual cockpit the prop is a solid grey disc. Anyone have a solution to the problem...I have FSX sp2. Has anyone repainted it with a good prop.Dave

Guest sillyeagle

That is NOT an FSX model, its an FS9 model sold as FSX compatible, as such it exibits the same problems any FS9 model does with FSX-SP2. I think its total BS that they can get away with selling FS9 models under the impression they are FSX models, and it just goes to show how crooked the flight sim add on market is. Some of those FS9 models can be fixed by editing the alpha channel on the prop, but somebody else will have to tell you how, unless you can find it on the forum as its been discussed before.

Guest dwaohio

>That is NOT an FSX model, its an FS9 model sold as FSX>compatible, as such it exibits the same problems any FS9 model>does with FSX-SP2. >>I think its total BS that they can get away with selling FS9>models under the impression they are FSX models, and it just>goes to show how crooked the flight sim add on market is. >>Some of those FS9 models can be fixed by editing the alpha>channel on the prop, but somebody else will have to tell you>how, unless you can find it on the forum as its been discussed>before. Can someone edit the alpha channel on a prop for me. I have no clue on how to do it. I read the forum and I am even more confused. Please help.......

Guest dwaohio

I see all these new props being made for other airplanes and nobody on here knows how to fix the props on the FlightReplica BF-109. Please help...it is a great airplane but the prop ruins it. Is there any way to import a prop from a different aircraft. I fly the airplanes I don't know how to fix them. ThanksDave

Guest JIMJAM

Good warbirds and hard to come across and this is one of them. I own all of shockwave stuff and alot of flight replicas. Most suffer in some way or another from being brought over to FSX.My P-51 has glimmering metal rings around the gauges while others like the p-47 require alot of time and effort to bring over.The 109 is a great one and I also would like to see a fix but its not a show stopper for me.What if you just used another prop from another plane that works?Keeping a eye on this post...

Guest dwaohio

Thank you for the suggestion but I do not see a prop for a BK-109F. Dave

Guest sillyeagle

>Thank you for the suggestion but I do not see a prop for a>BK-109F. >I beleive you need to sign up to download files from there, at least you need to be logged in to see pics hosted there. When I click the link it takes me right to a page with the zip file link. Its nice the developer has provided a new prop.

Guest sillyeagle

>Good warbirds and hard to come across and this is one of>them. I own all of shockwave stuff and alot of flight>replicas. Most suffer in some way or another from being>brought over to FSX.>My P-51 has glimmering metal rings around the gauges while>others like the p-47 require alot of time and effort to bring>over.Shockwave is going to recompile their WWII Fighters collection for FSX and offer it as a free update, which is pretty awesome. So there won't be any FS9 cockpit or prop issues anymore.

Uninstall SP2. Fixed!

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest JIMJAM

Good to hear.I lost my HD and along with it FS9 with all my good stuff.I cannot reinstall the FS9 planes,like the p-47 without fs9 for its installation program to find. Then simply move things over to FSX,I also did that with the long nose 109.Well Ive been waiting for a LONG time for Nvidia 8 series support, I can wait for these great warbirds.I am starting to get the feeling FS11 will be out when most of the addons I keep hearing about actually get here.Bu then again it will take 2 years to be able to run fs11 so I will be good.I want my squeaky metal with oil dripping from the engines:-badteeth

Guest sillyeagle

>I am starting to get the feeling FS11 will be out when most of>the addons I keep hearing about actually get here.Which ones are you still waiting for? I think all of the ones I've been waiting for are out now, which was mainly the RealAir Spit. lol As to shockwave, once they get their Boeing 377 out the door they are going to get the WWII Fighters recompiling done.

Guest JIMJAM

Just griping....IL2 is getting LOOOOOOONG in the tooth and Im in BAD need of a WW2 sim.Chasing 172s in the spitfire and harrassing those drunk drivers in FSX is getting boring.My warbirds need some teeth and something to bite into.....I miss my p-47 and other than reloading FS9, anyone know how to "fool" the installer?If I remember right, the SW p-47 worked well in SP2 as did the longnose german. Best Buy had the package for $30 but I already own them all except for the zero.But, if they all work in FSX/SP2 its worth the $$$ to avoid the headache.

Guest jesse_skyunlimited

JIMJAM I am dying for a new WWII combat flightsim to. Myself and other WWII developers have all kinds of warbirds, we just need a great engine to place them in.