Sign in to follow this  
GaryGB

Brand new to FSX, and loving it!

Overall, it's impressive. Runs super on this machine. But! Drives me bonkers I can't get a full view out every direction the way the old W key allowed you to get an unobstructed view without having to see the aircraft. Why they took this capability out is crazy IMO. Add the ability to NOT eliminate the cockpit view, but don't ever remove a useful feature!Does anyone know a way to assign, for example, a mouse wheel button PRESS to toggle mouse look? This would be so nice to not have to remove your hand from the mouse to turn on the lovely mouse look feature, which I have assigned to a keyboard key.And another thing! When the ATC window opens on demand, it should also disappear without needing to keyboard close it. FS9 does these things, and it is beyond me why they take useful features out when this adds nothing, and takes little to retain. Esp the dang W key issue. Nice for sightseeing, even if it isn't as real as it gets . . .Anyway, I can tell it won't be long before I will be flying 100% with FSX. NoelQX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The "w key issue" is a bug.Someone else may remember the work around.Glad to hear that overall you are enjoying yourself.

The "W" key works for me, on my 7800GT setup with Guru3D 93.71 driver.I am not sure under what conditions this "bug" that Phil mentions manifests itself...but I can say on the above combo there is no bug.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Rhett, the W key works for me when I am looking at the forward view. When I hit the hat switch to look left, right, back, etc, the inside of the aircraft is visible, thereby obstructing the clean view. This is a huge annoyance, though annoyance is all that it is. You're not saying you have an unobtructed view other than in forward, are you? If so, cool!Does anyone know if I can assign a mouse wheel button downpress to FSUIPC? I don't have it installed and don't even know if it has value as it did in FS9.QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

NoelI don't know if this post might help you: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...e=&topic_page=2I have the wheel, and two extra buttons on my mouse and have set them in FSX to scroll view (Shift + O), Cycle views "W" and next view "S" easy to do if you an MS mouse using intellipoint >5.5PhilT: the fix to the "W" key was posted here: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=230&t=68188RegardsPeter Hayes

>Noel>I don't know if this post might help you:>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...e=&topic_page=2>I have the wheel, and two extra buttons on my mouse and have>set them in FSX to scroll view (Shift + O), Cycle views "W">and next view "S" easy to do if you an MS mouse using>intellipoint >5.5>>PhilT: the fix to the "W" key was posted here:>http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=230&t=68188>Regards>Peter HayesNice tips for the mouse look issue Peter. I will check it out. The W bug work around I'll have to try, but it doesn't sound nearly as good as ACES restoring this useful, no . . necessary former feature. Come on guys, fix it. Can't be too hard at this point? A little patch maybe? Sure would be nice. Gotta be a line you can put in a .cfg file to disable 2D VC view . . .Noel

Noel

>Rhett, the W key works for me when I am looking at the>forward view. When I hit the hat switch to look left, right,>back, etc, the inside of the aircraft is visible, thereby>obstructing the clean view. This is a huge annoyance, though>annoyance is all that it is. You're not saying you have an>unobtructed view other than in forward, are you? If so,>cool!>oic. (Oh, I see). No, I don't have an unobstructed view on the sides. But I thought that was by design. It seemed logical to me, anyway.I only need/want/use an unobstructed forward view when I fly. I occasionally use it to catch a better glimpse of the runway ahead. I almost never use it on side views.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Ahh, well, guess I'll have to get used to it. Why did they make this change for FSX? QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

This is a bug introduced by SP1 in fixing the night lighting issue.And one I hoped to get to for SP2 but couldn't.Its all on my blog, it isnt a secret.

It's a wonderful program Phil, and I am thankful to be able to enjoy it.QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

>Overall, it's impressive. Runs super on this machine. But! >Drives me bonkers I can't get a full view out every direction>the way the old W key allowed you to get an unobstructed view>without having to see the aircraft. Why they took this>capability out is crazy IMO. Add the ability to NOT eliminate>the cockpit view, but don't ever remove a useful feature!>>Noel>Hi Noel:A work around for the "W" key view issue that might be of interest to you:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=433086&page=Hope this helps! :-) GaryGB