Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shep

DISAPPEARING OBJECTS/TEXTURES

I have a problem which I believe is one minor solution. I am using 169.25 drivers, nHancer, FSX SP2, UTX, ASX, GEX, FEX, MY TRAFFIC X. The problem is when from time to time FSX decides to do a textue load. I get the window that says "loading texture data" & "loading air, land and sea traffic". When this completes, my airport terminal is gone, and the view out of the cockpit is black. If I press "alt" key and select some menu without having change anything and cancel out, when FSX resumes, most time the building terminals and "out of the cockpit view" returns. I believe this may be a FSX config solution.Anyone have any simular experience or a possible solution?Thanks,WilbertAbit AW9D-Max, Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU, Intel QX6700 Quadcore, Vista Ultimate 64 (SP1), 2Gx2|CORSAIRS TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX, 2x150GB SATA WD Raptor - Non Raid, 2x320GB SATA WD SE16 - Non Raid, 2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65, BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz- Core Clock | 169.25 Drivers, X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series, 3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case Fans, Danger Den Water Cooling, Enermax temp/fan controller

Guest Nick_N

Its reloading by itself?Do you have FSUIPC4 installed by any chance?If so it may be set wrong and forcing a reload based on a time setting in FSUIPC4. Right now I am on a default setup for designing GEXn Europe and do not have it installed or I would check the setting and post it for you however if you do have FSUIPC4 installed that is what is probably causing the reloadthat is not normal, it should never reload like that unless something 3rd party is forcing it to happen

NickNI think that you are right it is probably due to a "clock" setting in FSUIPC. I had this issue and asked PeteD about it on the SIMFLIGHT forums: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=65514.It is to do with setting "FS Clock Sync'd" in FSUIPC and due to the FS Clock being out of sync. Just untick this option and the problem should fix itself.RegardsPeter Hayes

Thanks for this advice. I am getting traffic reloads on every flight, now I can fix the issue. :-)

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

PeterI really appreciate this advice. It has at least solved part of the problem I am experiencing. Removing the "clock sync" feature helped by causing the frequent loading of texture however, for me there still remains the other problem that parts of my scenery disappears and to get them back, I still have to go into "MENU" and cancel out, to refresh the scenery. It is strange that both of the problem that I was having was so closely associated but not actually connected with each other. One was just aggrivated by the other. I imagine there are millions of things that can go wrong with FSX and for some of us, we have to discover and isolate each one.Would still appreciate any ideas about the disappearing scenery from time to time. I am still pulling hair out trying to find this disturbing problem.WilbertAbit AW9D-Max, Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU, Intel QX6700 Quadcore, Vista Ultimate 64 (SP1), 2Gx2|CORSAIRS TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX, 2x150GB SATA WD Raptor - Non Raid, 2x320GB SATA WD SE16 - Non Raid, 2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65, BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz- Core Clock | 169.25 Drivers, X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series, 3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case Fans, Danger Den Water Cooling, Enermax temp/fan controller

WilbertGlad that the info helped (in part anyway). You have a fabulous system there, I can't explain the scenery issue. I had something similar when I first installed SP2, but it went away when I performed a "clean" install of FSX a la NickN. Some things to try: It might be worth removing your video driver properly as recommended on GURU3d and then install the latest beta drivers. I use the 174.74 and they solved a lot of issues on my system including black blocks in the scenery. Try running in either windowed or full screen mode to see if it helps. Pull some of the sliders back in "Display" to see if that resolves any issue. Check the FSX.cfg file to see that you only have ONE entry for your video card. Is that video card a SLI model - from PhilT blog: "However, given FSX is CPU bound this (SLI) only has an effect at high resolutions with max AA. Another thing to remember is to be sure and disable VSYNC and make sure your frame rate target is bumped up otherwise FSX itself is throttling you." - DISABLE VSYNC!Use memstatus.exe to se what is going on with the video card during the scenery loss.Have you used nHancer to set up the card as recommended by NickN. Copy your FSX.cfg file to a safe location, then delete the FSX.cfg file so that FSX creates a new one and that solves the problem or not. If not just restore the original.I honestly don't know if any of these will help you - its just what I would tryPeter Hayes

Guest Shep

"Check the FSX.cfg file to see that you only have ONE entry for your video card"Interested in your comment above Peter. When I update my Nvidia drivers (just updated to the BETA 175.12's for Vista 64-bit) I always delete my fsx.cfg and allow FSX to build a fresh one. Only one video card entry with a fresh fsx.cfg build but I always end up with two entries, one in the normal location and another towards the bottom of the fsx.cfg...{DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS.0}Mode=1920x1200x32Anisotropic=1AntiAlias=1{DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS.0.0}Mode=1920x1200x32Anisotropic=1AntiAlias=1I'm not sure why the second entry is added unless it's when I activate the DX10 preview but wonder if this is normal and if anybody else has two card entries?RayPS - The Nvidia BETA 175.12's, for Vista 64-bit work very well on my system and cured the slight autogen shimmer I did have. Download from... http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us