Sign in to follow this  
Mace

How to Save Parked AI aircraft state

Guest mshidhaye

Hi.I am struggling with this topic for a month now.All I want to do is use the Object Placer tool (or similar SDK tool) to save a few FSX Stock aircraft at particular gate(s) in a particular airport. This is so that when I load the FSX, these particular aircraft are always at the saved locations that I want.Now, I have been able to use the Traffic Toolbox to place Aircraft objects whereever I wanted using the provided GUI. But I cannot save/persist the positions of the added aircraft. In other words, as soon as I end my FSX session, we are back to default traffic etc.Can you suggest how?Thanks.Madhav

Because AI aircraft are moveable - they are generated each time the scenery loads. The aircraft to be present are based upon the flight plans and the time of day / day of the week.Since addon aircraft are not GUID objects - they cannot be placed permanently.What most of use do if we want a specific aircraft at a specific location all the time is create a week flight plan for that aircraft with one takeoff to an airport about 100nm away at 2 am one day a week and return 1 hour later.Then we set a specific and unique parking code for that aircraft in the aircraft.cfg - usually a second copy of the fltsim.x section with a unique title like: ARNZ B76& HAL PHNL Static and a atc_parking_codes=0HALWe also set a unique parking code for the parking spot for that specific aircraft. 0HALIt's a lot easier to add, change, move AI aircraft with schedules and parking codes rather than trying to use scenery objects.

Guest mshidhaye

Hi There Reggie,I appreciate your superb reply so quickly!!The folks at FSDeveloper seem to be too busy to answer and educate..I should have posted my problem a lot sooner.I need to ask you a few clarifications.I am new to the FSX mods in general so please bear with me.Can you provide an example?For instance, here is what I need to start with and I can add the other entries myself.Airport: SBGRGate: 34 add a default A321Gate: 32 add a default B744Again, I need these to be there all the time.I did try to use the FSX SDK tools to create a "mission" adn then interactively add the above aircraft but this method does not seem to work reliably on my computer. I swear, I was able to save and load my custom mission and the aircraft did show up a couple of days ago. But not any more...However, I like your idea better and would like to try it.Thanks in advance.Madhav

Do you have the SDK installed? That is your first step.Then you can do it 1 of 2 ways:1) set the aircraft up as AI, which is what R suggested.2) set the aircraft up as static scenery objectsYou need to have the SDK installed to do it.As to the nuts and bolts, you need to start by looking at the SDK docs.For AI, it involves making a couple of text files with your flight plans, aircraft, and airports, and running it through a compiler.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest mshidhaye

Hi.Yes, I have the SDK.I am working on the AI part. That is, creating a custom Traffic Database file etc..with the SDK. What is the correct way to add the aircraft as "static aircraft" ?Look, I have dozens of WOA aircraft and I want to park a bunch of these along with the default FSX aircraft at predefined locations.As I said, I am in process of creating the custom traffic as Reggie suggested. In the meantime, is there a way to create these WOA aircraft as "static" ?The Traffic Toolbox from SDK does allow us to place these aircraft at any location, however, AFAIK, we cannot save (persist) this data to a flight for use in subsequent FSX flight loads...I hope that I am able to explain..Thanks.Madhav

Guest mshidhaye

Hi Reggie,Your method of creating custom traffic BGL files certainly worked!However, how do we get to place these aircraft at specifc gates though?In my instance, let us say, I want to park at SBGR:1. Gate G 34 - A default B7372. Gate G 32 - A default B737I need these parked at specific gates.Thanks in advance.Also, thanks to Rhett.Sincerely,Madhav

Hi,If you give the parking spots aicraft-specific parking codes (and give the same codes to the WOAI aircraft), then they will always park at those spots.Then create a WEEK flight plan for each aircraft that flies from and to that airport (i.e from VXXX to VXXX) once a week in the middle of the night. You will never see it move, and it will always be in the same parking spot no matter when you arrive at the airport.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest mshidhaye

Hi Tom,I appreciate your replies.Can you elaborate on exactly how to do this?I mean, which file(s) to modify ?Remember, I am using the default airport scenery.Is there a settings/XML file for the stock SBGR airport which lets me assign such values for who can park at what gate?Ideally, I want to add a logic like this:If the desired gate is un-used, then park my two specific default aircraft at my desired gates (G34 and G32).I need this feature because, I am working on a FSX movie and it is very time consuming to use Traffic Toolbox' features to place the required aircraft at these gates...I hope you understand..Please provide a snippet of code/text.Regards.Madhav

You need to make two separate changes.In the aircraft.cfg file in the fltsim.x section for the repaint you want to appear - enter a very unique code - no more than four characters - in the lineatc_airline_codes=You also need an airport scenery modification program - I recommend Airport Design Editor - http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/ - but it's also in the library here on Avsim. With ADE open the airport you are working with - and select the parking spot you want.Set the parking code to match the aircraft.cfg code - upper/lower case does count in this entry. Save and compile the revised airport.Such as for the Gate 34 aircraft:atc_parking_codes=G34S&Parking Spot properties G34SGate 32:atc_parking_codes=G32S&Parking Spot properties G32SWhen FS is stated and the traffic files are read - those aircraft will be placed in those spots ahead of any others.

In addition to what reggie said...a Boeing 737 should require an 18 meter radius parking spot (you set radii in your airport editing program, such as ADE)Also in your Boeing 737's aircraft.cfg file, make sure the wing_spanvalue is correct in FEET.If you set those values (parking radius and wing_span) correctly, and then if you have the right atc_parking_codes set as mentioned, your AI will indeed park exactly where you want them to.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB