Sign in to follow this  
Guest yifengho

Acceleration problem with flashing flight deck

Guest yifengho

Hi All,I just installed Acceleration and noticed a very annoying problem. The flight deck in front of me is flashing and shaking most of the time, regardless of where I am at - in the cockpit or viewing externally. This is happening when F-18 is parked.I have tried different GeForce drivers - 169.21, 169.44(beta), and 174.74(beta), and the problem persists. I searched this forum and didn't find any complaint. Am I the only one?Thanks,JohnWindows XP SP3, Intel E8400@3600Mhz, 4GB RAM, 8800GT 512MB.

Guest acolvard

Are you using DX10 Preview?

Guest yifengho

I am on Windows XP SP3, so I guess I am using DX9?

other aircraft?paused or unpaused?sim rate at normal or accelerated?mesh resolution at 10m or higher/lower?

Guest yifengho

>other aircraft?So far I have only run the two missions: "Carrier Training" and "Carrier Practive". Both missions exhibit the problem.>>paused or unpaused?>unpaused. I didn't try pausing.>sim rate at normal or accelerated?normal.>>mesh resolution at 10m or higher/lower?Where can I see the mesh resolution?John

it would be worth seeing if other aircraft exhibit this problem.Did you install anything that might have changed the aircraft.cfg and contact points?See the Settings dialog. it is worth playing with the settings and see if this behavior changes.

Guest firehawk44

It sounds like you have a problem with the flight deck and not with Acceleration. My FA18 is perfect with absolutely no hint of flashing inside or outside. I have never heard of this problem with Acceleration for non-DX10 users. Sometimes the outside strobes will bleed through if you're using third party lighting and it will appear like there's flashing inside the aircraft and, of course, you'll see normal flashing on the outside. Did you turn off the "Display Flying Tips" in the Realism settings? This has been known to cause some white flashing with or without Acceleration installed. Are all the FSX sliders set to max (scenery/AI/aircraft)? Try lowering them and see if this fixes the problem as you may have rendering problems with your settings set to max. What is the flight deck? Is it a third party aircraft carrier or one of the defaults? Maybe you could tell us exactly where this occurs so others can try the exact same location and see if it occurs on their system (or does it occur everywhere, even at airport runways/taxiways). IMHO you should not be seeing "flashing and shaking most of the time" so if none of the above suggestions do not fix it, you have something wrong with your computer system or video card.Jim

Guest yifengho

Phil,Sorry I am new to FSX/Acceleration. How do I choose a different aircraft and have it parked on the carrier? I thought I can only access the carrier through the canned F-18 missions.John

Guest yifengho

Interesting. The problem goes away if I lower the Settings | Graphics | Target frame rate below 55. Increasing the target frame rate makes the problem worse. Every part of the carrier is vibrating to different degrees. And it only happens to the carrier. The F18 and scene don't have that problem.I still have no clue what "Target Frame Rate" means. I thought I could get the highest possible frame rate if I set it to Unlimited.Thanks for all replies.John

Guest UlfB

John,Set your target frame rate to 25 fps or something like that. If I set target frame rate to unlimited on my pc with my display settings I get a lot of stutters and graphics errors.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Guest fsxmissionguy

You're probably in for a long hard slog with that video card.Search these forums for people who have display problems in DX10 games like FSX and you will find that in virtually every one of the posts, the person having the problem is the owner of an nVidia GeForce 8800. They never seem to get solved, and a new one pops up every day it seems.If you are really into simming, do yourself a favor right now and just get a different video card. Ask around, I'm sure folks will give you some recommendations.I use the nVidia GeForce 7950 and have been happy with it. It's a DX9c card, so if you're married to Aero, won't help you much.

Guest ziporama

The symptom you describe is likely a video driver issue. I've had tons of problems with the 8800 drivers and it took four months of tweaking on my end to get it just right, including a few times wanting to yank the card out and throw it through the window.I found that not all drivers are equal, and fixes in a new release break a fix in an older release. Because no two configurations are the same, my suggestion is to remove the drivers using drive cleaner pro (freeware version), and re-install. I had good luck with the September 2007 driver release with FSX, and better luck with the beta that came out in february 2008. Odd things happen when I don't use driver cleaner, so perhaps it's a matter of deleting your current driver, and re-installing them.Hope this helps, and good luck. My next card will not start with N.Etienne

Guest yifengho

>Set your target frame rate to 25 fps or something like that.Wouldn't that limit my frame rate to 25 fps only? And human eyes can sense up to 30 fps.John

Guest yifengho

>You're probably in for a long hard slog with that video>card.>>Search these forums for people who have display problems in>DX10 games like FSX and you will find that in virtually every>one of the posts, the person having the problem is the owner>of an nVidia GeForce 8800. They never seem to get solved, and>a new one pops up every day it seems.>>If you are really into simming, do yourself a favor right now>and just get a different video card. Ask around, I'm sure>folks will give you some recommendations.>>I use the nVidia GeForce 7950 and have been happy with it.>It's a DX9c card, so if you're married to Aero, won't help you>much.Thanks for the recommendation. Since I can easily get around the problem by lowering my target frame rate, I am happy now. Other than that I don't have any issue with my 8800GT. Maybe in a couple years I can afford to upgrade my PC again. But then again FS11 may be out by then and require future hardware. :-)John

Guest firehawk44

"Search these forums for people who have display problems in DX10 games like FSX and you will find that in virtually every one of the posts, the person having the problem is the owner of an nVidia GeForce 8800. They never seem to get solved, and a new one pops up every day it seems."Kevin,I couldn't pass up that unbelievable wrong statement without commenting. You would make a great politician with that statement as it's hard to disprove and it sounds like you're on top of everything, the expert. Maybe you are but I have two 8800GTX's and never had a problem other than the DX10 display problems everyone is having no matter what DX10 compatible card people are using. As you should know, the DX10 Preview video problems are based on display driver problems from ATI and NVIDIA and FSX and the 8800's work great w/o DX10 turned on. Actually they work great even with DX10 Preview turned on except for a few display anomalies that Microsoft says can be fixed by video card drivers. ATI and NVIDIA may eventually fix their drivers to display DX10 enabled runways properly (one fix) but I'm not holding my breath. I just hope Microsoft eliminates DX10 for those areas that cannot be rendered properly by any video card manufacturer in the future version of MSFS. In other words, why develop something that cannot be shown properly? I also understand the DX10 problems still occur with the 9000 series cards. You comment does not support the facts...Best regards,Jim