Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skypoint

FSUIPC--what can it do for FSX?

Just wondering if anyone is using the old .dll and if so, what value it might have.NoelQX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest UlfB

Noel,I'm not sure what you mean by "old .dll". I use FSUIPC 4.28, which is the latest version. I run the registred version.My primary use of FSUIPC is to assign and calibrate the control axes for my Saitek Yoke, CH pedals and CH Throttle Quadrant. I also use FSUIPC to assign FSX commands to buttons and keys.Ulf B

Noel,Even though a lot of its communication functions between third party software and FSX have been replaced by Simconnect, its most valuable function for me is its ability to calibrate your controls to each individual plane. For example I have a 6 lever CH throttle control. I can set it for a 707 to have spoiler control and 4 engine throttles with reversers. I can also set it up with a twin prop for 2 throttles, 2 mixtures, and 2 propeller settings. The best part is once you set it up it remembers the settings when you reload that plane. I wouldn't be without it for just this function.Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Thanks both of you for that information. I am new to FSX, so didn't know FSUIPC is used with it. I probably got this from not seeing any posts about FSUIPC in FSX, but I hadn't searched for it either. I used it in FS9 for assigning commands to buttons primarily.QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Noel,As Ulf and Ted have indicated it is invaluable for programming controls. Numerous options are made avaialbe to you that are not available through the FSX interface.

Guest lingfors

I also use it for wind smoothing, autosaving (in case of FSX crashing), and keeping FSX time syncronized with my computer clock for those real-time flights.

Noel,FSUIPC also needed to interface FSX to FSMMovingMap which doesn't know a thing about SimConnect. That's my main use for it...Loyd

Guest jshyluk

There are a number of utilities that need FSUIPC as a means to bridge the data coming from FSX to the utility. Most payware utilities that use FSUIPC do not require you to pay to register FSUIPC as well, although if you use FSUIPC for free, you as a auser will not gain direct access to very many of its functions.Going by memory, Flight Deck Companion and FlightSim Commander need FSUIPC. If a program needs FSUIPC, the developer really ought to let you know.Be sure to check from time to time to make sure you are getting the latest version as Peter Dowson is tireless with coming up with revisions.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Thanks folks. I did purchase the registered version as there are a couple of features I can use, mainly in programming buttons for keypresses. The price seems terribly steep for what it seems to offer, but I will be using FSX for years I'm sure, so it's ok . . .QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

Guest Skypoint

>"The price seems terribly steep for>what it seems to offer"I agree, it's very steep... 28.56 Eur - after the exchange $44.00 + (depending on what day and how far down the dollar is). I'm still using FS9 most of the time due to the add-ons I bought for it. I'm not using FSX enough yet to warrant that much for a utility.