Sign in to follow this  
Guest gmark

FSX Not Responding

Does anyone else get the FSX encountered an error and needs to close dialogue on occasion?I figure 1 out of every 6 or 7 flights FSX freezes up on me, usually when I try switching acft and usually when I fly in dense areas, like large cities. Is there something wrong here or do other users get these errors?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest NoobPilot

I have those. I used to have those, then I reinstalled and it worked out fine for a while.

Guest JIMJAM

It could be a thousand things,no joking.....Is it the same plane or planes?Is it random or can you make it crash?Whats addons ect.Get[ End it all] and close down all the unneeded background programs.Ist thing to try is copy your fsx.cfg file then delete the fsx.cfg. Let FSX rebuild it.Most of us with CTDs are using Nvidia 8 series cards.When you use the menu/options up top in flight or if you change planes, alot of us CTD.I run in windowed mode which eliminated all my CTDS.I am XP,SP2, 8800GT..Every successfull flight isnt if you land, its if FSX does not lock up on you.PS-I see you are using a 8800GT.Bad news but some good news. Get the latest 174 driver beta. Some are having good luck. The try running windowed.2

Guest UlfB

Hi,I've had those problems with every FS version I've used since I started flying FS many years ago. The big problems with CTDs where usually caused by some add-on and easy to track down. At the moment I only have problems with CTDs with one specific add-on, and hopefully there will be a patch released soon.If you have any add-ons installed you might try to fly with the default C172 for a while in an area where you have no add-on sceneries. Do you still get CTDs?You could also try to disable all add-on modules (disable entries in the dll.xml file) and see if this helps.Good luck!Ulf B

What I really hate about those CTDs is that once I restart FSX I will get a message about a FMC to Data Module not working. The result is my IRTrack will no longer work. So, whenever FSX falls on it's butt I have to reboot the entire computer.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

yeah it could be a million things, actually, I just wanted to know if others are receiving the freezes.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Nils79

Never switch between complex airplanes directly. Always load a default plane before you load another add-on plane.I only get CTDs if i switch directly between certain add-on planes or if i use certain FS9 planes or certain gauges. Tools could cause also CTDs.. or faulty ai planes (often sim1.dll errors), or simply buggy add-ons. It's helpful to know the dll involved and if it's reproducible and always check for updates of your add-ons and tools (TrackIR, FSCopilot etc.).

Guest gmark

To your question Ryan... yes, I do experience CTDs for many of the same reasons mentioned. Using XP with SP2 and FSX with SP2. The only other thing that I get once in a while (that I don't see mentioned anywhere) is an unpopulated Select Aircraft window; the Aircraft Manufacturer, Publisher and Aircraft Type all have "All" in the pulldown, but no thumbnail aircraft pictures. No way to get them restored without rebooting... I agree with the premise that it is most often better to start out with a simple aircraft like the 172 and then load up a more complicated plane. GMark@KLUK