Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Vista-64 and FSX SP2 addon aircraft.

Guest Wingnutt

I wanted directx 10, and have more then 2gb of ram, and wanted to be able to use it, so.. Vista 64 it is :(though I must say, have had no problems with FSX whatsoever. game looks beautiful, everything works perfect..the problem I am having, is when I try and install add on aircraft.no matter what aircraft I try, or how I try it.. I get no textures, or panels.the plane shows up in game, correct name, correct thumbnail..I click it and all I get is the 3d model.. no textures.. try and use it in game, no cockpit, everything transparent.Im following the directions to the T..have no idea if im doing something wrong, of if there is some sort of glitch..tried turning down resolution, disabling light bloom and other effects, tried disabeling anti-ailising.. all to no avail..I am fully and utterly LOST.P.S. yes these are aircraft that are ( listed at least) FSX compatable.

OKFirst you have to give us more to go on. System specs are needed. CPU, HD, VIDEO card, and driver minimum.Next What specific addons are you trying to install. Do they require any other programs like FSUPIC?Are you running any other addons like a weather or traffic?If you want help many are willing to help but we need the full picture.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Are they true Fsx aircraft? Some fs9 aircraft ported to fsx do not work with sp2. There is a lot of infor. on that here at Avsim. So make sure any addons are sp2 compatable. keith:-beerchug

Guest ziporama

How did you install the O/S? Did it involve a wipe/reinstall or did you just to and upgrade in place? If the later, and you haven't re-installed FSX, I'd uninstall FSX, and re-install to make sure that's not the issue. I'd also make sure it works correctly in DX9 mode before attempting DX10. Video drivers are also shaky in DX10 mode.Etienne

Guest tcable

>How did you install the O/S? Did it involve a wipe/reinstall>or did you just to and upgrade in place? If the later, and>you haven't re-installed FSX, I'd uninstall FSX, and>re-install to make sure that's not the issue. I'd also make>sure it works correctly in DX9 mode before attempting DX10. >Video drivers are also shaky in DX10 mode.>>EtienneParticularly nVidia ones. I'm having minimal; issues with my Ati card.DX10 is highly dependent on the model used. If it's a FS9 or earlier aircraft, all bets are off. Only 'true' FSX models work well.

Guest acolvard

Many aircraft that are FSX compatible are not DX10 compatible. If you have DX10 preview checked they will not show correctly if they are not DX10 compatible. An aircraft that is FSX SP2 compatible does not necessarily mean that it is DX10 compatible, like the Flight1 172 for example. Examples of DX10 compatible aircraft are Eaglesoft Twin Commanche and Columbia 400 or Real Air SF260. If you uncheck DX10 preview all should be fine with those aircraft, if not you have a different problem. And, by the way Nvidia drivers work great in DX10, there are a few issues but most can be solved by using the latest beta drivers and Nhancer. I use DX10 exclusively.

Guest ziporama

What version of the Nvidia drivers do you use, and what card? I'm still getting the FSAA and wild texture conflicts with taxiway markings - although the beta I have now has calmed that down quite a bit.Etienne

Guest Wingnutt

Sorry for the lack of info..its a Nvidia 8800GT-OCamd 64 X2 6400+ @ 3.4ghz4gb OCZ DDR2 800MHZ ram.2x 150GB WD Raptor 10k rpm drives in RAID.im using the latest NON beta Nvidia drivers.Vista 64 bit, all updates.

Guest acolvard

I would suggest using 174.74 beta

Guest ziporama

I'm running 174.74 beta (March 27, 2008) on an 8800Ultra - made leaps and bounds in the texture flashing, but still not quite there yet.Oh, and the night lights are completely fluky on models (including DX10) models, which I forgot to mention.Not sure if the 8800GTs, or the more recent 9x series have that issue.Etienne

Guest Wingnutt

Im not seeing any issues whatsoever with the textures or lights, maybe that is specific to the ultras.regarding my problem, I turned off DX10 and sure enough, everything is showing up.bittersweet success though, having to revert back to 9..oh yea, why does it say direct x 10 PREVIEW?is it not fully DX10 compatable or, what?

"Examples of DX10 compatible aircraft are Eaglesoft Twin Commanche and Columbia 400"...may we add that Eaglesoft Citation CII and Citation CJ1 along with Liberty XL2 are also DX10 compatible aircraft? :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png