Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick_N

GEX update 1.07 released

Thanks for heads up. :-)

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest NoobPilot

Yeah, Thanks. I was actually surprised not to see any more pine trees in the middle of the desert, but it was a good surprise.

Did the update and seem to get football fields and baseball fields right on the edge of water boundaries. Some are cut off some are all there. The last patch fixed this but now it seems to have creeped back in.

Jim Wenham

Guest Nick_N

>Did the update and seem to get football fields and baseball>fields right on the edge of water boundaries. Some are cut off>some are all there. The last patch fixed this but now it seems>to have creeped back in.Not sure what you are seeingWe only replaced 1 set of textures which do not have any football fields on them. They were rural textures, not urbanSo if there is a problem please post in the GEX forums with images and LON-LAT-ALT data for us to checkWe can not get rid of every 'cut' or overlaid texture.. that is the nature of the sim and the landclass being used however we did minimize that in a earlier patch.The majority of this update was related to autogen

Will do Nick. Really no big deal but I just noticed it and remembered that it was fixed in the earlier patch and it probably was just a freek of nature that made it show again on my first flight after the patch. I was flying somewhere near Tampa FL and will post in the GEX forum if I see it return more. Any idea on a release date on Europe? Your not going to pull a FEX Weather engine trick on us are you?:-lol

Jim Wenham

Guest Nick_N

Its a big deal to me if there is a problem with the patch... no one has reported anything like this so if you do see it again and it appears to be different from the last release please post a report for us to reviewas for Europe.. I can not post any release date information without first discussing such an announcement with Anthony. Be assured it is in the works and is being developed as quickly as we can however we are implementing changes from the USCAN version which is quite a leap in the workload and the quality.Our goal with Europe is to establish a minimum 250-500ft (that

>Our goal with Europe is to establish a minimum 250-500ft>(that

Jim Wenham

Guest Nick_N

Those are from a beta run some time ago and were not complete but far enough along to show the detail being designed into the product.We are discussing upgrading US/CAN again after we finish the rest of the world.

Guest NoobPilot

Oh man... those looked good. I can't wait! Nick, do you know what I mean when I say those are some excellent brussel sprouts?

WOW!!!!Beautiful shots. Now if the blurries don't take over.Thanks:RTH

Guest Nick_N

> Now if the blurries don't take over.No worriesWe are developing based on realistic hardware expectationsOne of the last tests after a set of textures are designed with autogen is to load up the F18 and a heavy cloud weather scheme and 100% AG/scenery complexity, set and establish a flight level of 250ft and then accelerate to Mach1+ on the deck. We then repeat the same tests on slower towers but with less weather/AG and scenery. The tests are considered successful if all views result in defined and clear textures. FL250 @ M1 and clearly seeing well defined scenery go by that fast should create a heart raising experience. If it does the texture set is considered completed and we move on the the next set.