Sign in to follow this  
mjrhealth

Finally a useful tool

For all those trying to find your runway headings while in flight, there is a tool out there, but its in french.http://jacky.brouze.ch/jab/programmes/jabn...BNavig-Util.aspits a flight planner NAV tool. You have to register to down load it.Just click telecharger button and fill in details. Once you have downloaded it, create a folder and unzip all the contents to that folder and run exe. it will take a few minutes to scan all your bgls for aiport info, works with fs9 and fsx.this gives all the aiport info you need, has moving map, flight planner, shows true runway heading, shows airport layout, comm frequencies.picture is bettersc_02May090909.jpgenjoy

Guest SkullxBones

There is another one which I really like and use in all my main aircraft. It's a freeware program called Airport Chart Gauge V2, which can be downloaded in the file section of this website.It shows runway info, taxiway markings, parking gate and ramp numbers, frequencies including ILS, and other useful info all while in flight. It scans all your airports and builds a database for them to display.The picture below is normal zoom, you can zoom in for more detail.acg.jpg

This other one is free too, but dosnt require it being added as a gauge its simply run as sepereate app.

I have registered and still cannot locate the link to download this program. Any suggestions?Thanks a lot,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Scroll to bottom of page click on the " telecharger JABNAVIG" buton. Then when newe page opens up click on the " Jai lu et jaccepte les conditiobs ci dessus" , button, thats the do you accept conditions button, and your download will start, its not a big file.

I've downloaded this program but cannot locate the instruction manual.How do you select different runways?Ron

Ron Service

The aeroplane button connects it to FSx when FSX running. The zig zag line i believe is the flight planbutton. The arrow with ? is the airport buton, just type in the id. Not sure abt the APS but suspect its for an online session, will need to play more. The button with 4 squares locks or unlocks the Aps windows, ie it allows you to display one of or all of the windows. The top left box shows all the airports around you, mouse wheel zooms in / out, click on an airport to diplay its info in lower right box. Top right box show runway info if connected to flight sim it will zoom in as you approach it. the lower left i believ diplays the flight plan, havnt used that part of it yet.The green far left button reduces the ap to a button that can be clicked to open it agn.

>The aeroplane button connects it to FSx when FSX running. The>zig zag line i believe is the flight planbutton. The arrow>with ? is the airport buton, just type in the id. Not sure abt>the APS but suspect its for an online session, will need to>play more. The button with 4 squares locks or unlocks the Aps>windows, ie it allows you to display one of or all of the>windows. The top left box shows all the airports around you,>mouse wheel zooms in / out, click on an airport to diplay its>info in lower right box. Top right box show runway info if>connected to flight sim it will zoom in as you approach it.>the lower left i believ diplays the flight plan, havnt used>that part of it yet.The green far left button reduces the ap>to a button that can be clicked to open it agn.mjrhealth, does it work over simconnect or fsuipc on a second pc? Looks good. Otherwise the in-game module is the way to go I think. Very useful tools, guys. Thanks.Dirk.

This one looks good. I'm going to try it. Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Just wanted to support the Airport Chart recommendation here.A great addon.Once you add it as a gauge (easy), you can then select it via the View menu - it sits at the bottom of the "instruments" menu there. And it's easy to use, easy to close, even puts a small green plane - oriented in the right direction - on the map. Great, esp if you're stuck in some esoteric spot courtesy of Cargo Pilot :)Great piece of free software, I won't fly without it now. Makes paper airport charts redundant. And sits inside FSX, so no need to run an external app. And it's in English.

Paul Skol

Guest kdundon

If I could read french I guess I could register it and download it. However I don't so is there an english language version of the site? Ken

Skullx, thanks for mentioning here this simple but extremely useful utility, I wonder why it took someone so long in MSFS hobby to come up at last with such a wonderful utility . I got most of the commercial navigation utilities, like EFB and others just mention them, but this one is the most simple, substantial feature wise (including updateable db) and fast to use 'on the fly'. I'd like to thank the author Holger Maass, and recommend him to release a commercial version of it if he manages to keep it the same simple. :)I strongly recommend to try it, guys.Thank you,Dirk.

The airport chart is very nice. There used to be a utility back in FS2000 days "Airport's Chart Viewer" but this is much better. Only problem is that the way the database builder works, it ignores any addon mods to airports.scott s..

Yes, this Airport Chart utility is very nice, but i also would like it to read the airport add-ons. Maybe Holger can update it to do that... i hope.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White